The lingering knee issues for Alex Rigsby meant a full weekend of starts for freshman goalie Ann-Renée Desbiens against St. Cloud State and she stepped up admirably.
Allowing just one goal all weekend, Desbiens improved her season record to 8-0 and earned her third career shutout on Saturday.
She stopped 50 of 51 shots on the weekend, improving her season save percentage to .963 while the single goal improved her GAA to 0.80. Her undefeated record obviously leads the country.
This is the second time Desbiens has earned Rookie of the Week honors -- she won in early December after completing a shutout and sweep when Rigsby left the game injured.
The Badgers face North Dakota at home this Saturday and Sunday, and word is both games are near sell-out.
- Illinois vs. Wisconsin recap: First-half surge carries Badgers to 95-70 win
- Nic Kerdiles to miss Michigan series with shoulder injury
- Wisconsin basketball recruiting: December update on 2014, 2015 Badgers basketball targets
- Bo Ryan named midseason Coach of the Year
- 2013 college football rankings: Wisconsin finishes No. 21 in USA TODAY Coaches Poll, No. 22 in AP Top 25