Wisconsin's 45-0 rout of UMass opened the season in spectacular fashion, and the Badgers have been rewarded by the AP Top 25 released Tuesday morning. The Badgers jumped two spots to No. 21, garnering 287 votes.
The rise, while a 45-0 win is impressive regardless of opponent, was likely due more to losses by Boise State and TCU. Nebraska also fell four spots to No. 22 after struggling to knock off Wyoming Saturday.
Other Big Ten teams in the polls:
- Ohio State: No. 3, one-spot drop after 40-20 win over Buffalo
- Michigan: No. 17, unchanged after 59-9 win over Central Michigan
- Northwestern: No. 19, three-spot climb after 44-30 win over Cal
|3||Ohio State (1)||1-0||1,330||2|
|Others Receiving Votes: Miami (FL) 127, Mississippi 50, Arizona State 48, Michigan State 42, Northern Illinois 27, Cincinnati 27, Fresno State 22, Virginia Tech 12, Bowling Green 9, Georgia Tech 8, Arizona 6, Penn State 4, Boise State 3, Virginia 2, Arkansas 1|
More from Bucky's 5th Quarter:
- Wisconsin defense review: Badgers dominate Minutemen
- Wisconsin offense review: Badgers cruise past UMass in opener
- Wisconsin football schedule: Getting to know Tennessee Tech
- Wisconsin Recruiting: Where will the future Badgers play in 2013-14?
- Wisconsin football notebook: Gary Andersen talks offensive line, special teams and Tennessee Tech
- UMass vs. Wisconsin: Run/pass chart, observations