Dzien dobry ("Good morning") all!
Check out last night's show!
"The Polish Rifle" Scott Wisniewski and I first dig into the results of Monday's second scrimmage of your Wisconsin Badgers. Were there any updates on the quarterback battle between Curt Phillips, Joel Stave and Tanner McEvoy? Did any receivers pop out to complement Jared Abbrederis? Which defensive players stood out? We answer all of those questions and more in the first half-hour-plus.
We also discuss the Ryan Braun and Alex Rodriguez situations -- should the Milwaukee Brewers' left fielder just admit to everything in a press conference rather than just a written statement? And how bad is the blood between A-Rod and the New York Yankees?
Scott also gives his thoughts on the Packers' victory over the St. Louis Rams, before we proudly welcome another Polish-American sportswriter, Wes Hodkiewicz of the Green Bay Press Gazette, to go in-depth about position battles, who stood out Saturday night and the Aaron Rodgers/Donald Driver/Greg Jennings media storm.
Before we wrap up the show, we bring you an added bonus, as we play Wisconsin head coach Gary Andersen's post-scrimmage media session in its entirety. Interesting comments indeed provided by coach Andersen.
Next Monday night: We'll talk more football, and hopefully have some big names on to preview the Badgers and Big Ten season.
More from Bucky's 5th Quarter:
- Jake Keefer, Wisconsin defensive end, out for season w/ knee injury
- Wisconsin scrimmage recap: 1st units, pair of freshmen impress
- What to Watch in Canada, Part I: Frank Kaminsky's rebounding
- Wiscosnin recruit Brock Boeser leads U.S. U-17's to gold at Five Nations Tournament
- Wisconsin football: Accentuating the positive
- Christian Dvorak gives up eligibility to sign with OHL's London Knights