Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Nebraska).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- Go to the volleyball match on Friday and wear red. It’s as simple as that people. We’ll have a preview of the match later this week, but rest assured...this is a big one and we are extremely excited.
- Another former Badger is thriving at their new spot. Great debut game from Reggie Pearson for Texas Tech. This kid is a real difference maker and it’ll be fun to watch him for the rest of the season.
., , , .#Big12FB Newcomer of the Week— Big 12 Conference (@Big12Conference) September 6, 2021
Memorable debut as a Red Raider with an interception, a forced fumble and eight tackles in Texas Tech's come-from-behind victory over Houston
Details ➡️ https://t.co/1wuIPrFT8o pic.twitter.com/cZbFoo8B2N
- I think the science is pretty clear on this. Be a fullback at Wisconsin, become an NFL team captain. Congrats to Derek Watt of the Pittsburgh Steelers and Alec Ingold of the Las Vegas Raiders on being named captains of their respective teams.
- I know we get upset around here about the football team and the men’s basketball team but...we’ve had it pretty good over the past decade all things considered.
- A great interview with new women’s basketball coach Marisa Moseley. “I looked around at all of the success that the University of Wisconsin has been having in so many sports and I was like, ‘Why not us?’ as well. I think we have every resource and every opportunity to do this and the right combination of people, skillset, and knowledge on my staff to get it done,” she says.
"Why not here? Why not now?" - @marisamoseley— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerWBB) September 6, 2021
Coach Moseley recently sat down for a wide-ranging interview with @madison_365 that covered her journey to the UW, the Madison community, recruiting and goal-setting.
Read it here ⬇️https://t.co/V8OOfA7sSm pic.twitter.com/vTTppxGPfg
- In a real “kicking us while we’re down” situation, Penn State’s punter won Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week for his performance against Wisconsin. #punttowin
- Purdue faces UConn this weekend in football and Randy Edsall (UConn’s former coach) just stepped down on Monday.
- Stock up and stock down for Northwestern after Week 1. There is, uh, a lot of stock down.
- Do recruiting stars equal wins in the Big Ten for men’s hoops?
- Michigan’s best WR, Ronnie Bell, is out for the season. Who can replace him?
- Here is a recap of Eastern Michigan’s Week 1 win over St. Francis (Pa.).
- Rutgers volleyball is off to an impressive start. It’ll be interesting to see if they can keep it up once conference play starts.
- Having fans back in the stands makes college football College Football.
- The terrible injury news was plentiful on Monday. Minnesota star RB Mohamed Ibrahim is also out for the season.