Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Nebraska).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- Wisconsin wrestling is back and their schedule is out. The Big Ten will be stacked as usual, so this will definitely be a challenging slate for our boys. The home opening dual is on Nov. 1 against Buffalo.
This season?— Wisconsin Wrestling (@BadgerWrestling) September 15, 2021
Six home duals at the UW Field House. Back at full power and we're here for it all!
️ Full Schedule: https://t.co/qIDN5KwoUy
️ Buy Season Tickets: https://t.co/7Q3bwKXqa0 pic.twitter.com/IoRH1w72TQ
- If you missed it last night, the men’s basketball team got their first commitment for the 2022 recruiting class. 3-star SG Connor Essegian out of Indiana is one of the best shooters in the midwest and should do well in UW’s offense.
- Former Badgers point guard D’Mitrik Trice will be continuing his basketball career in France. Trice signed with recently promoted side FOS Provence Basket, which is located on the Mediterranean in the south of France which, well, isn’t a terrible place to work post-college.
- Edmonton Oilers first round pick and former Badger Dylan Holloway will miss a minimum of three months after undergoing successful wrist surgery. We wish Holloway a speedy recovery.
#Oilers forward Dylan Holloway has undergone successful wrist surgery with an expected recovery time of at least three months.— Edmonton Oilers (@EdmontonOilers) September 15, 2021
During the recovery process of his previous wrist injury, it was determined by specialists that he required further surgery. https://t.co/fBgDabhuPn
- BTN’s Emily Ehman picked Syndey Hilley as her most impactful performer from the last week of Big Ten volleyball and who are we to argue with her correct assessment?
5⃣ @umichvball— Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) September 16, 2021
1⃣ @BadgerVB@emilyehman picked players from the above schools for her weekly , but who balled hard enough to make the list? pic.twitter.com/RXEkTshFD2
- A crucial and informative film breakdown of the Cy-Hawk Trophy battle from our friends at BHGP.
- Classless Auburn fans attacking James Franklin!
- Notre Dame and Purdue play this weekend. Probably a good time to get a little scouting in on two of Wisconsin’s future opponents.
- Is Duke vs. Northwestern a rivalry in football? Well,,,kinda.
- Lmao, Ohio State fans are GOING THROUGH IT. Already complaining about their future “growth as a team” not being respected in a potential CFP bid this year.
- DT prospect Kenneth Grant would be a perfect fit at Wisconsin...but also at Michigan.
- Rutgers has a whole host of wrestlers ranked this preseason.
- Michigan State got a key commit for their 2023 women’s hoop class in 4-star Jordan Wood.