The Wisconsin Badgers got a much needed bounce back win at home this weekend, beating Eastern Michigan 34-7 to secure their first win of the year. However, given UW was favored by 26.5 points, the 27 point victory did not impress many, and the Badgers did not move at all in either the AP or Coaches Poll. For the second consecutive week, the Badgers are ranked No. 18 in the AP Poll, and No. 17 in the Coaches Poll.
- Iowa —> No. 7 Coaches Poll, No. 5 AP Poll
- Ohio State —> No. 11 Coaches Poll, No. 9 AP Poll
- Penn State —> No. 12 Coaches Poll, No. 10 AP Poll
- Wisconsin —> No. 17 Coaches Poll, No. 18 AP Poll
- Michigan —> No. 25 Coaches Poll, No. 25 AP Poll
- Oregon and Iowa both made huge jumps in both polls thanks to massive road wins. Oregon took down No. 3 Ohio State in Columbus, and the Hawkeyes had their way with No. 9 Iowa State. Is the Pac-12 for real? The early play of Oregon and UCLA seems to have caught everybody's attention.
- Is Iowa now the Big Ten’s best shot at a CFP team? There are few chances for Iowa to truly boost their resume, but if they can win out, take care of Penn State at home, Wisconsin on the road, and win the Big Ten championship game, they will be in as the undefeated Big Ten champion. They cannot afford to drop a game. If Ohio State, now ranked No. 9 in the AP Poll, wins out and beats Iowa in the Big Ten Championship (if Iowa gets there), do they find a way in as a one loss Big Ten champion? Surely a loss to a highly ranked opponent (Oregon) is not nearly as poor a loss as whatever Iowa’s slip up will be.
- Outside of Ohio State, the biggest losers of the weekend were the USC Trojans and Texas Longhorns... two programs who had claimed they “were back”. Both programs were embarrassed by unranked opponents.
AP Top-25: No. 20 Arkansas is ranked for the first time since 2016; No. 23 BYU; No. 25 Michigan
Coaches Poll: No. 23 BYU; No. 24 Arkansas; No. 25 Michigan
Not this time. pic.twitter.com/tWRzlZuFh8— Arkansas Razorback Football (@RazorbackFB) September 12, 2021
AP Top-25: No. 14 USC; No. 15 Texas; No. 21 Utah
Coaches Poll: No. 14 USC; No. 15 Texas; No. 18 Utah; No. 24 Miami