Recruiting is the lifeblood of any major college athletics team, but following it closely as a fan can sometimes be difficult and can often be time consuming. We’ll try and condense all the recruiting news you can use into this bi-weekly (sometimes more) post. It’ll include updates on current commits, including stats from their high school games, as well as news on players the Badgers are still pursuing. Let’s get down to business!
- Three Wisconsin targets are making their college decisions on July 4 (that’s today!). Let’s break down the Badgers’ chances.
- 2022 3-star S Austin Brown (Johnston City, Ill.) has been at the top of Wisconsin’s defensive back board for a long time. He has taken official visits to UW, Michigan, Boston College, Northwestern and Illinois. By all accounts the Badgers, Illini and Wildcats seem to be the three he is most considering. Brown is the most likely of the three to commit to Wisconsin and I guess we’ll find out at 1 p.m. CT!
I WILL BE COMMITTING VIA INSTAGRAM LIVE (austinbrown_ab) TOMORROW AT 1PM CT‼️— Austin Brown (@austintyler_25) July 3, 2021
- Another top of the board defensive back, 3-star CB James Monds III (Vero Beach, Fla.) is also deciding on Sunday afternoon. Wisconsin, Nebraska and Indiana are the three teams still in play for Monds. The Hoosiers have the family connection as Monds’ uncle played defensive back for IU and all of the Crystal Ball predictions on 247 have him heading to Bloomington. Wisconsin already has a pair of CB commits in the class and also are still in on 3-star Caleb Coley (Warner Robins, Ga.).
I Will Be Committing Tomorrow on Instagram Live @2pm Est.— III ✞ (@MondsJames) July 3, 2021
Instagram : James.Monds
- 3-star DL K.J. Miles (Jersey City, N.J.) is also deciding on Independence Day. He is down to Wisconsin, Texas and Georgia Tech after taking official visits to all three schools. While he seemed to enjoy his trip to Madison, and has even been retweeting stuff about UW commit Avyonne Jones, all of the momentum appears to be with the Yellow Jackets.
Class of 2022 four-star DL Keith Miles will be committing this Sunday with 336edits. @KJmilesJr1— 336 Edits (@336edits) June 29, 2021
Badgers make cutdown list
- 2022 3-star ATH Anthony Brown (Milan, Tenn.) out of Milan High School included the Badgers in his recent top-five. The other four schools are Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana and Tennessee. There hasn’t been much hoopla around Brown for Wisconsin and, to be quite honest, I had forgotten about him but it doesn’t sound like the Badgers did.
All of the Crystal Ball picks are to Arkansas right now, but it’s nice to see the Badgers making a final cutdown list for a prospect outside of their normal recruiting footprint.