The Wisconsin Football Coaches Association (WFCA) announced their All-State teams and Player of the Year awards on Monday morning. Among the names that earned recognition were a handful of Wisconsin Badgers commits and targets from within the state.
Here is a rundown of which players on the Badgers radar made the cut.
- A week after Hunter Wohler took home the state Gatorade Player of the Year award, he made the WFCA award list as well. The senior from Muskego won the Defensive Player of the Year award (large school) for the second year in a row, while also being named to the All-State defense. Wohler will be on campus starting this summer.
- Braelon Allen of Fond Du Lac made both the offensive (running back) and defensive All-State teams (defensive back) after a monster “senior” year. He decided to enroll with the Badgers a year earlier that normal, and fans should be very excited about him.
- Homestead senior defensive end Ayo Adebogun made the All-State defense (large school) for the second consecutive season. Adebogun will be joining the team this summer.
- Four-star offensive lineman JP Benzschawel (Grafton) made the offensive All-State team.
- Alongside Braelon Allen at running back, Jackson Acker of Verona was listed with the All-State offense at running back. He is putting together a really strong track season right now, but will be joining the Badgers this summer.
Jackson Acker runs even faster! ⚡️ His 100m time of 10.8 tonight against Madison La Follette makes him the 5th fastest in VAHS school history! @AckerJackson pic.twitter.com/IE4y9yr1ho— Verona Wildcat T&F (@VeronaWildcatTF) May 14, 2021
- Quarterback commit Myles Burkett of Franklin was one of two QBs that made the large school team. He is the only 2022 commit as of right now, and he is also set to take his official visit in June.
- Walk-on senior commit Owen Arnett of Arrowhead also made the All-State defense list (large school), and he is expected to join the team this summer at linebacker.
- Walk-on senior defensive back commit Grover Bortolotti of Whitefish Bay was also included on the defense. He will be with the team starting this summer as well.
- Sun Prairie junior defensive lineman Isaac Hamm was selected to the defense (large school). He is set to officially visit Madison in June.
- Four-star offensive lineman Joe Brunner of Whitefish Bay was included on the All-State offensive line for large schools. Like Hamm, Brunner is taking his official visit in June.
- One of the Badgers top overall targets, Carson Hinzman made the small school offense and defensive All-State teams on each side of the line. The junior will be on campus for an official visit in June.
- Billy Schrauth (Fond du Lac) is likely to end up with Notre Dame, but the Badgers are still fighting for his services. The junior lineman earned recognition on each side of the ball.
- Tight end target Andrew Keller of Waunakee has seen his recruitment explode in recent weeks, in large part due to a strong junior year. He was one of three tight ends listed on the All-State team for large schools.
- Baraboo junior inside linebacker Luna Larson made the All-State defense as well. He is receiving interest from the Badgers, and is likely to camp this summer.
- Defensive back Deven Magli of Deforest was listed with the first-team as well. He has be in contact with the Wisconsin coaching staff.