Recruiting is the lifeblood of any major college athletics team, but following it closely as a fan can sometimes be difficult and can often be time consuming. We’ll try and condense all the recruiting news you can use into this bi-weekly (sometimes more) post. It’ll include updates on current commits, including stats from their high school games, as well as news on players the Badgers are still pursuing. Let’s get down to business!
- 2022 3-star CB Jordan Allen (Lafayette, La.) out of Lafayette Christian Academy received an offer from the Wisconsin Badgers earlier this week, according to his Twitter account. Allen has over 40 offers listed on his 247 profile page but has his five official visits already set up for Louisville, Miami (Fla.), Ole Miss, Penn State and Tennessee. Hopefully the Badgers are feeling good about this move because Allen seems to have a list of favorites already and UW throwing their hat in the ring my be too little too late.
Blessed to say I EARNED an offer from the University of Wisconsin⚪️ ‼️ @4thQtMentality @samspiegs @TomLuginbill @ErikRichardsUSA @SWiltfong247 @DemetricDWarren @LCAKnights pic.twitter.com/Mv076A2uJo— Jordan “LOCKDOWN” Allen (@jordanallen2022) April 28, 2021
Standing at an even 6-foot-0 and weighing 182 pounds, Allen is rated as the No. 469 player and No. 30 safety in the country by the 247 Composite he is also rated as the No. 24 player in the state of Louisiana.
- 2023 4-star OLB Tackett Curtis (Many, La.) out of Many High School also received an offer from the Badgers this week according to his Twitter account. Curtis has already racked up 38 offers including from Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Florida State, Illinois, LSU, Miami (Fla.), Michigan, Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Southern Cal and many others.
After a great conversation with @CoachAprilUW I’m blessed to receive a scholarship offer to play football for the University of Wisconsin‼️‼️ #wisconsinbadgerfootball @BadgerFootball #ManyMade pic.twitter.com/DlipRbzhhV— Tackett Curtis (@curtis_tackett) April 28, 2021
Curtis is 6-foot-2 and weighs about 205 pounds, so he’s got a frame that can handle some more weight. He is rated as the No. 68 player and No. 3 OLB in the nation by the 247 Composite for the ‘23 class and is the No. 5 player in the state of Louisiana.
- 2023 3-star (247 only) WR Malik Elzy (Chicago) out of Simeon High School received an offer from the Badgers and coach Alvis Whitted this week according to Elzy’s Twitter profile. Elzy only has five offers (and four of them came in the past week) so far, but they’re all from P5 schools. He has heard from Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State and Kentucky along with Wisconsin.
Blessed to receive an offer from The University of Wisconsin #gobadgers @CoachWhitted @SimeonNation pic.twitter.com/eVGDlIwb8P— Malik Elzy (@elzy_malik) April 29, 2021
Standing at 6-foot-3 and weighing 198 pounds, Elzy already possesses Big Ten size as a sophomore. The 247 standalone rankings have him as the No. 46 wideout in the country and No. 3 player in the state of Illinois.
- 2022 3-star TE RJ Maryland (Southlake, Texas) out of Southlake Carroll High School announced that coach Mickey Turner and the Badgers had extended him a scholarship offer this past week. Maryland lists 24 offers, but the only one that is “warm” is Miami (Fla.) which happens to be his father’s, former Cowboys, Raiders and Packers DT Russell, alma mater.
Excited to receive an offer from Wisconsin @BadgerFootball @CoachTurnerUW pic.twitter.com/KcU8zb4YpM— RJ Maryland (@RJMaryland1) April 29, 2021
Maryland is 6-foot-4 and weighs 210 pounds and looks impossible to guard in his Hudl film (but who doesn’t, right?). The 247 Composite ranks him as the No. 457 player and No. 21 TE in the country and the No. 62 player in Texas. During his junior year he had 13 touchdowns on 30 catches for 736 yards. Pretty eye-popping numbers tbqh.
- 2023 4-star (247 only) OLB Tausili Akana (Kahuku, Hawaii) out of Kahuku High School received an offer from Wisconsin on Friday morning. Akana has 16 offers including Arizona State, Colorado, Nebraska, LSU, Washington, Oregon, Southern Cal, Ole Miss, Oklahoma State and others.
Truly blessed and honored to receive an offer from University of Wisconsin #GOBADGERS ⚪️ @bangulo @adamgorney @BrandonHuffman @Rivalsfbcamps @GregBiggins @PupulePaul @RobDeMelloKHON @DemetricDWarren pic.twitter.com/nsPCgzfLRl— Tausili Akana (@AkanaTausili) April 30, 2021
Standing at 6-foot-4 and weighing 225 pounds, Akana wouldn’t look out of place at Wisconsin practice tomorrow. He is rated as the No. 91 player and No. 5 OLB in the country by 247 and is the No. 1 player in Hawaii. Based on the success fellow Hawaiian Nick Herbig is having in Madison, hopefully Akana gives UW a good, long look.