Recruiting is the lifeblood of any major college athletics team, but following it closely as a fan can sometimes be difficult and can often be time consuming. We’ll try and condense all the recruiting news you can use into this bi-weekly (sometimes more) post. It’ll include updates on current commits, including stats from their high school games, as well as news on players the Badgers are still pursuing. Let’s get down to business!
Transfer portal news
- Former Wisconsin (and Alabama and Cal) running back Bradrick Shaw has found a new home for his final season of eligibility. Shaw will be suiting up for traditional FCS power Northern Iowa.
I’d like to thank @Coach_Brookins @RyanClanton @CoachNDanielson for giving me the opportunity to throw on that purple and gold. This fall I will be playing for the University of Northern Iowa ! LETS WORK #BlessedAndGrateful #PantherPride #UNIFIGHT— Bradrick Shaw (@bradricks7) April 23, 2021
- Former Wisconsin safety Reggie Pearson, who recently announced he had committed to play at FCS South Dakota, more recently announced he’s actually going to be attending Texas Tech for football.
First I want to thank The University of South Dakota for everything but I will be decommitting from South Dakota. I am extremely blessed to be offered and now recommitting to The Texas Tech University. #Gunsup Go Red Raiders ✝️ pic.twitter.com/HXPMcNNgjf— Reggie (@reggiepearson21) April 23, 2021
- Former Wisconsin wideout Taj Mustapha, who was not on the spring roster that UW put out this year, is now in the transfer portal. With a trio of WRs returning to Madison for one more year this fall, there were not a lot of opportunities and a player like Mustapha kind of got lost in the shuffle.
2018 3-star WR Taj Mustapha has entered the transfer portal after grabbing 1 reception in 8 career games at Wisconsin @rivalsmike @McNamaraRivals https://t.co/yX1xIR7ghV— NCAA Transfer Portal (@RivalsPortal) April 26, 2021
UW targets heading elsewhere
- 2022 3-star CB Avyonne Jones (Southlake, Texas) out of Southlake Carroll High School committed to Oklahoma State last week. Jones had an official visit set up with Wisconsin for the middle of June, but I doubt he ends up taking that now that he has verballed to a different school.
Blessed @CoachGundy @CoachTimDuffie #LetsRide22 #GoPokes @ClayMackSkillz @coachrdodge pic.twitter.com/Hk9o1sFhD7— Avyonne Jones (@AvyonneJ) April 24, 2021
Daily Braelon Allen content
- Allen is so good at tackling that he literally won money for his high school by knocking opponents into next week. Can NOT wait for this kid to get on campus this summer and start practicing with the team.
Blessed https://t.co/S3ylYaAvn8— Braelon Allen (@BraelonAllen) April 23, 2021