Recruiting is the lifeblood of any major college athletics team, but following it closely as a fan can sometimes be difficult and can often be time consuming. We’ll try and condense all the recruiting news you can use into this bi-weekly (sometimes more) post. It’ll include updates on current commits, including stats from their high school games, as well as news on players the Badgers are still pursuing. Let’s get down to business!
Since there are so many new offers to run through, we’ll give you some quick info on each offer and then we’ll go more in depth if these players include the Badgers on their cutdown lists.
- 2022, 3-star, 6-foot-1 and 275 pound, DT Kwan Williams (Owings Mills, Md.) out of the McDonogh School received an offer from the Badgers this past week. You may remember McDonogh School as the same high school that produced former Badgers safety Eric Burrell. Williams has received other offers from Penn State, Boston College, Duke, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Texas A&M and Virginia Tech among others. 247 has one Crystal Ball in for Penn State, which is why I listed them first. Williams is rated as the No. 362 player and No. 29 DT in the nation according to the 247 Composite.
- 2022, 3-star, 6-foot-1 and 175 pound, CB Jayden Bellamy (Oradell, N.J.) out of Bergen Catholic High School received an offer from the Badgers this past week. He has other offers from Boston College, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Penn State, Rutgers, Virginia and Virginia Tech among others. He is rated as the No. 409 player and No. 38 CB in the nation by the 247 Composite.
Blessed and honored to receive an offer from the University of Wisconsin!! pic.twitter.com/d7oKupTg0N— Jayden Bellamy (@jaydenknows_) February 18, 2021
- 2022, 3-star (247 standalone), 6-foot-6 and 230 pound, TE Brody Foley (Cincinnati, Ohio) out of Anderson High School received an offer from the Badgers this past week. Foley also has offers from Cincinnati, Duke, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, Nebraska, Pitt, Purdue, Rutgers, West Virginia and others. He is rated as the No. 35 TE and No. 18 player in Ohio by 247Sports.
- 2022, 3-star, 6-foot and 175 pound, CB Isaiah Bond (Buford, Ga.) out of Buford High School received an offer from the Badgers this past week. Bond has offers from Duke, Miami (Fla.), Nebraska, Syracuse, Wake Forest and a bunch of smaller schools. Bond is rated the No. 836 player and No. 78 CB in the country by the 247 Composite.
AGTG to receive an offer from University of Wisconsin #OnWisconsin @BadgerFootball @UWBadgers @Coach_Davis22 @TomLoy247 @Mansell247 @ChadSimmons_ @BufordGAPrspcts @BenMoore247 @Rivalsfbcamps pic.twitter.com/s96OBr8gJT— isaiah bond 3 (@isaiahbond_) February 18, 2021
- 2022, 4-star, 6-foot and 185 pound, CB Terrance Brooks (Plano, Texas) out of John Paul II High School received an offer from the Badgers this past week. Brooks has over 30 offers currently with Alabama, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn State, TCU, Texas and Texas A&M among others. It should be noted that his dad went to A&M before playing three years in the NFL with the 49ers. He is rated as the No. 288 and No. 30 CB in the country by the 247 Composite.
- 2022, unranked, 6-foot and 180 pound, CB Caleb Coley (Warner Robins, Ga.) out of Houston County High School received an offer from the Badgers this past week. While Coley is unranked, he appears to be blowing up some because the day after UW offered, Northwestern, Wake Forest and Virginia all extended a scholarship. Georgai State, Kansas State, Michigan State and Old Dominion have also offered.
100% God 0% me after a great conversation with @CoachWhitted I have been blessed with a offer to The University Of Wisconsin @jimleonhard @SoSportz @MOMINTOFTRUTH @cbtaylor27 @BearDownHOCO @tone2782 pic.twitter.com/I2Oer21c14— Caleb Coley ✞ (@CalebColey8) February 18, 2021
- 2022, 4-star, 6-foot-2 and 270 pound, DT Dominick James (Prattville, Ala.) out of IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) received an offer from the Badgers this past week. He also has offers from Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Michigan, Nebraska, Tennessee, Texas A&M and others. He is rated as the No. 179 player and No. 12 DT in the country by the 247 Composite.