Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Nebraska).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- In case you missed Navy Badger’s Fan Post on Wednesday, here is his college wrestling primer which gives a lot of the basics for those who are new to the sport. The Badgers should be competitive in the Big Ten, aka the best wrestling conference in the land, and there is more wrestling on Big Ten Network than ever. Thanks to Navy Badger (and 2CofC who wrote a nice explainer in the comments of the Buffalo match post) for helping us newbies out!
- Bring back the red pants and helmets??????
- Makenna Webster can’t stop winning awards. She is now the National Player of the Month by the Hockey Commissioner’s Association. She’s a freaking wrecking machine!
- Bowling Green grad transfer Max Johnson seems to be fitting in quite well in Madison this season.
- The men’s soccer team takes on Michigan this weekend in the Big Ten Tournament and hopefully the seniors have a few more matches left in them this year.
- Legally he’s not even a man yet!
Rutgers HC Greg Schiano on Braelon Allen:— Dave Heller (@dave_heller) November 2, 2021
"I mean the running back is a big man. He’s 240 pounds. And he runs like a smaller back, so this will be a great test."#Badgers
- Belz joined On The Banks’ podcast earlier this week to talk Rutgers/Wisconsin!
On The Banks Podcast Episode No. 113 previews Wisconsin-Rutgers ahead of Saturday’s game. We are joined by @savedbythebelz of @BQ5 and @JamesKratch of NJ Advance Media to discuss the matchups, the road ahead for both programs and much more. #CHOP https://t.co/mm4XCfWOEw— On the Banks (@OTB_SBNation) November 3, 2021
- What could go right for MSU men’s basketball this year and what could go wrong.
- Northwestern wrestling season preview.
- Ohio State men’s hoops landed 2023 4-star guard recruit George Washington III. What an excellent name!
- Three bold predictions for Michigan’s men’s basketball season.
- The RAC will now be known as Jersey Mike’s Arena!
- P.J. Fleck signed a massive extension with Minnesota football. Here is a breakdown of the contract as well.