Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Nebraska).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- After beating Nebraska but losing to Purdue last week, the Badgers now sit at No. 4 in the RPI and the AVCA Coaches Poll. Texas, Louisville and Pitt are ahead of Wisconsin in the Coaches Poll, while Kentucky is one spot behind UW.
✔️ it out - the latest @NCAAVolleyball RPI after an exciting week of action around the country.— NCAA Stats (@NCAAStats) November 1, 2021
6⃣-3⃣4⃣0⃣ https://t.co/8S9048f1wl pic.twitter.com/otZSD8K5nq
Ohio State (No. 7), Purdue (No. 8), Nebraska (No. 9), Minnesota (No. 11) and Penn State (No. 15) are all in the top-15 and Illinois joins the party at No. 25 this week. Sheesh, that’s quite the conference.
- The women’s hockey team remained ranked No. 1 after their weekend sweep of Minnesota State and forward Makenna Webster was named the WCHA Forward of the Week after recording five points on the weekend, including her first career hat trick.
- You just...you just gotta watch this.
- The Grit Factory has been pumping out some high quality product this season.
College football's most efficient teams, through week 9:— parker (@statsowar) November 1, 2021
⬆️➡️: good offense good defense
⬆️⬅️: good offense bad defense
⬇️➡️: bad offense good defense
⬇️⬅️: we're tryin' pic.twitter.com/QzBQHf7Dag
- I know that the wrestling team had their first match on Monday night, there is a separate post coming later that discusses the results!
- I will not be explaining this any further than Bunkie Perkins did, but it was a fun time on Twitter dot com last night.
Just to recap, the Special Teams coach at Texas, who played for Mike Price at Alabama, left his wife for a former stripper, who went by the name of Pole Assassin. That former stripper’s pet monkey, who performed with her when she was the Pole Assassin, bit a kid on Halloween.— Monkey Perkins (@BunkiePerkins) November 2, 2021
- Iowa’s football offense stinks. What can be done to fix it?
- Nebraska men’s basketball dominated Colorado in a preseason game over the weekend.
- Will a bowl bid calm Purdue fans down a bit?
- Big Ten men’s basketball preview from Land-Grant Holy Land and Testudo Times. We will have our own conference preview post coming over the weekend and leading into the first game of the season next week.
- Illinois big man Kofi Cockburn will miss the first three games of the season after being suspended by the NCAA.
- Who are the five best players that Michigan men’s basketball will play this year?
- Rutgers women’s soccer beat Wisconsin 1-0 on Sunday in the opening round of the Big Ten Tournament. The Scarlet Knights have now won an astounding 12 matches in a row.
- A third Minnesota RB is out for the season.