Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Nebraska).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- If the good people of Wisconsin know anything, it’s how to pronounce Polish words. Excellent work, Emily.
.@KellyPSheffield gave @emilyehman a challenge this week: Pronounce Julia Orzol's Polish high school.— Connor Onion (@ConnorOnion) October 7, 2021
If verbal scrabble were a thing, Emily's your champ. 38 letters? Polish? No hesitation. Nailed it. pic.twitter.com/WRYMFTVZYY
- A couple of interesting notes from Paul Chryst’s various media availabilities. Former Badgers and Carolina Panthers linebacker Chris Orr is rejoining the program in a “developmental” off the field role.
#Badgers coach Paul Chryst on his radio show: Notes former LB Chris Orr coming back to UW in a "developmental" role to work with players...off the field, not on.— Jeff Potrykus (@jaypo1961) October 7, 2021
It is also looking pretty promising that both QB Graham Mertz and TE Jake Ferguson will be available to play against Illinois on Saturday.
Head coach Paul Chryst says both QB Graham Mertz and TE Jake Ferguson have practiced this week.— Jake Kocorowski (@JakeKoco) October 7, 2021
- These shorts are sweet. I’ve been given a preview of all three pairs and I think you’ll like them a lot. For full disclosure, 19Nine did send me some shorts and asked me to post about them, but I’ve been a customer of theirs before (their Villanova shorts rule too for those interested) and can recommend their shorts wholeheartedly. Anyways, check ‘em out at 10 a.m. CT. today!
Who else loved Michael Finley at Wisconsin in the mid '90s? Tag a friend to be entered into a giveaway for a pair of our '95 @BadgerMBB retro shorts dropping tomorrow at 11am est on https://t.co/YMCriQwbAo! #HardwoodHistory pic.twitter.com/0WiHwQyIjH— 19nine (@19nine_threads) October 7, 2021
- On Friday morning (that’s today in, uh, very shortly), Marisa Moseley and Greg Gard will be addressing the media at Big Ten Basketball Media Day. Starting at 9:30 a.m. CT Moseley will talk with Gard following. You can watch on Big Ten Network or the FOX Sports App or follow along on BTN’s Twitter account. We’ll have a recap of what was said if you just want to wait for the juiciest bits of news.
- Puck drops at 7 p.m. CT tonight!
It's ONLY been 19 months since we've played at the Kohl Center— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerMHockey) October 8, 2021
Help us make it great
Prep your digital
Concessions are less
Here's six quick things to know about the opening series against @mtuhkyhttps://t.co/lM3JCRrvrA
- Banner raises on Saturday!
- The men’s soccer team is on fire right now and looking to keep it going against Ohio State on Friday night.
- The women’s soccer team is at Illinois on Friday night, so if you’re in town for the football game you could check this out!
- Our friends over at The Champaign Room are not confident in Illinois’ ability to beat the Badgers. They ARE confident in the under however.
- Hunter Dickinson and the Illini are at war again lmao.
- Previews from Black Heart Gold Pants and Black Shoe Diaries ahead of the biggest game of the Big Ten season so far.
- WHO GETS TO KEEP CHOPPING, RUTGERS OR MICHIGAN STATE?!?!?