Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Nebraska).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- It’s a bummer that you’ll have to keep your shirt on, but getting your picture with the trophy is still pretty cool. The Badgers open the season on Friday night at 7 p.m. CT against Michigan Tech. Both games in the series will be televised on Bally Sports Wisconsin.
You'll have to keep your shirt on, of course, but get your photo taken with the 2021 Big Ten Championship Trophy this weekend at the Kohl Center— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerMHockey) October 6, 2021
Friday outside Section 116
Saturday - we'll let you know soon pic.twitter.com/z3mRxPRlxV
- The dean says go get and get free hockey tickets which, if movies have taught me anything, is the first cool thing a dean has ever done in the history of college.
Calling all @UWMadison hockey fans! Join us Oct. 9th as we support @BadgerWHockey. The team is currently 4-0 and the defending National Champions! Go cheer them on at LaBahn! Get your tickets for free at: https://t.co/hEoKMNOc6T #WIWelcomeBack— Christina Olstad (@ChristinaOlstad) October 5, 2021
- Hmm, for our preseason analysis of the team I think we’re going to need WAY more information about this puppy.
He's a freshman from Estonia— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) October 6, 2021
He's an Estonian champion
He got a COVID puppy
Learn More About Me On IG: @MarkusIlver pic.twitter.com/kpMWvGfj73
- It was Wisconsin men’s basketball day at The Athletic on Wednesday and Jesse Temple did his usual excellent job in previewing the team. Definitely worth a read ($) if you’ve got time this week.
- Wanna make football recruiting videos? The Badgers have a job for you!
We're looking for someone to join our video team!— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) October 4, 2021
The individual would work closely with football recruiting
Qualified applicants can apply here:https://t.co/lg4JTN26uD
- Looks like a fun time was had by all at the PAC the MAC event last weekend.
Thankful for everyone that made "PAC the MAC" a memorable day!#Badgers || #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/n6figK1Vnl— Wisconsin Soccer (@BadgerWSoccer) October 6, 2021
- Another day, another sweep for the volleyball team.
A little dose of dopamine to help you get through the rest of the week. pic.twitter.com/sTwROrpaNp— Wisconsin Volleyball (@BadgerVB) October 7, 2021
- A preview of the Minnesota men’s hockey team who, along with Michigan and Wisconsin, should be among the best teams in the conference (and country).
- Bret Bielema is trying to build a Wisconsin-like program in Champaign.
- Does Iowa football have a talent problem?
- Speaking of Iowa, their game against Penn State on Saturday, which is a battle of top-five teams mind you, should be a real banger. Here are all of the important stats you need to know.
- Nebraska men’s hoops adds another 3-star 2022 commit.
- Meanwhile, Juwan Howard secured his first commitment for the 2024 (!!!) class this week.
- No. 8 Rutgers women’s soccer STOMPED No. 16 Michigan 4-1 on Wednesday.
Yeah, Rutgers is definitely winning the Big Ten. Write that one down in sharpie and get a tattoo of it. I’ve seen enough. https://t.co/1nPPI5Yed4— J.J. Post (@JayJayPost) October 6, 2021
- Maryland lost their first football game of the year last Friday. They can’t let it derail their entire season.