Recruiting is the lifeblood of any major college athletics team, but following it closely as a fan can sometimes be difficult and can often be time consuming. We’ll try and condense all the recruiting news you can use into this bi-weekly (sometimes more) post. It’ll include updates on current commits, including stats from their high school games, as well as news on players the Badgers are still pursuing. Let’s get down to business!
- 2022 3-star LB Tristan Monday (Scottsdale, Ariz.) out of Saguaro High School received an offer from Wisconsin earlier this week. Monday has been committed to Arizona since March so we are now, officially, in Flipping SZN! Evan Flood over at 247 Sports ($) notes that even though the Badgers didn’t offer until this week, they were the first school to recruit Monday back when he was a freshman.
#BearDown DE commit Tristan Monday from Scottsdale (Ariz.) Saguaro has been offered by #OnWisconsin @CoachMohns @McNamaraRivals— Adam Gorney (@adamgorney) October 26, 2021
Monday stands at 6-foot-4 and weighs north of 240 pounds, so one could fairly easily see him growing into a defensive end at Wisconsin. He is rated as the No. 831 player in the country and No. 77 linebacker by the 247 Composite.
There is a lot to like about Monday’s game and with all of the scholarships that have been opened up with the recent spate of transfers at UW, players like Monday will probably be getting a second look by the staff.
- 2022 4-star LB Jimmy Rolder (Chicago) out of Marist High School also received an offer from the Badgers this week. In fact, Rolder has had a pretty impressive run of offers over the last two weeks with Michigan, Iowa, Purdue, Cincinnati, Florida and Ohio State pulling the trigger on the senior linebacker.
Honored and blessed to receive an offer to play football at the University of Wisconsin! #GoBadgers @CoachBostadUW pic.twitter.com/jw3a8GsBAS— Jimmy Rolder (@JimmyRolder) October 27, 2021
Standing at 6-foot-2 and weighing 220 pounds, Rolder is rated as the No. 328 player and No. 35 linebacker in the country by the 247 Composite as well as the No. 7 player in the state of Illinois. The Badgers look like they’re trying to add another linebacker to their already talented room in the 2022 class now that they have a few more scholarships to play with.
- 2023 WR Cole Adams (Owasso, Okla.) out of Owasso High School was the other player to receive an offer from UW and WR coach Alvis Whitted. Adams has other offers from Iowa State, Kansas, Michigan State, TCU, Texas Tech and others.
After an absolute great conversation with @CoachWhitted and @Coach_B_Lewis I’m so blessed to say I have received an offer from the University of Wisconson. #AGTG #BADGER pic.twitter.com/rTDRotULfm— cole.adams12, (@Adams12Cole) October 28, 2021
Adams is 5-foot-10 and weighs 180 pounds and is not rated by the 247 Composite yet. Last season, he had 28 catches for 577 yards and eight touchdowns. He also rushed for three more scores and gained 218 yards on only 17 carries.
Transfer portal rumblings
- West Virginia transfer LB/WR Devell Washington (Saginaw, Mich.) has received interest from the Badgers. Washington (6-foot-2 and 215 pounds, class of 2020) was listed as a linebacker with the Mountaineers, but is also open to returning to his high school position of wide receiver at his next stop. He started out on offense as a receiver at West Virginia but moved to defense last spring according to Allen Trieu of 247 Sports.
West Virginia transfer WR Devell Washington has received early interest from Syracuse, Purdue, Wisconsin, WKU, Houston, Miami (OH), Akron, CMU, EMU, Utah State, Rice, Appalachian St and Utah St @rivalsmike @McNamaraRivals @WKU_Rivals @SUonRivals— NCAA Transfer Portal (@RivalsPortal) October 27, 2021
- The Badgers offered 2020 top-100 QB Harrison Bailey (Marietta, Ga.) back in 2018 and now that he’s back on the market, perhaps they’ll take another look? The 6-foot-5 signal caller started three games as a freshman in 2020, but the Vols changed coaches after the season and welcomed a pair of transfer QBs before the 2021 season. Bailey has only thrown seven passes this season, but does have a rushing touchdown.
2020 5-star QB Harrison Bailey has entered the transfer portal after passing for 594 yards and 4 TD at Tennessee @rivalsmike @Volquest_Rivals https://t.co/knYnhOi66w— NCAA Transfer Portal (@RivalsPortal) October 27, 2021
Quick basketball update
- Greg Gard and Joe Krabbenhoft were out in South Dakota to watch recently offered 2024 7-footer JT Rock during his open gym.
Collection of Division I scouts, including head coaches Greg Gard (Wisconsin) and T.J. Otzelberger (Iowa State), attended Lincoln's open gym tonight to watch 7-footer JT Rock. Iowa and SDSU also on hand. #PatriotNation #NewEra— Stu Whitney (@stuwhitney) October 27, 2021