Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Nebraska).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- Hot damn was the Field House rocking on Saturday night!
Still not over last night’s @BadgerVB match pic.twitter.com/8doSNs2qai— Zach Conners (@ZachConners) October 24, 2021
- Look at these two former Badgers exploring the world! Glad to hear that Brevin Pritzl can still fill it up.
A couple of former #Badgers squaring off in Denmark.— Evan Flood (@Evan_Flood) October 24, 2021
Brevin Pritzl had 23 points and 5 rebounds.
Ryan Evans got the win. 4 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists. pic.twitter.com/8x9rhjLxLa
- Graham Mertz and Leo Chenal have the same number. Who is to say that Paul Chryst didn’t sub Chenal in for this play.
G5 brought the #boom @GrahamMertz5 https://t.co/bfCbmTM7RF— Logan Brown (@loganbrown53) October 24, 2021
- The reports you’re hearing are true: winning is more fun than losing.
Waking up on Sunday morning like: pic.twitter.com/E9Ff8NCTFh— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) October 24, 2021
- The men’s hoops team lost their “secret” scrimmage to Loyola (Chi.) but Lorne Bowman and Chucky Hepburn were still sidelined with injuries.
Jacob Hutson with 12 for the Ramblers in a balanced effort, per source. Chucky Hepburn and Lorne Bowman did not play for Wisconsin. https://t.co/VlhANBmzIP— Kevin Sweeney (@CBB_Central) October 23, 2021
- Brutal OT loss for the Badgers against perennial power Indiana.
Final from Bloomington. Next up Penn State. #OnWisconsin || #Badgers pic.twitter.com/8qTNqf8qVf— Wisconsin Soccer (@BadgerMSoccer) October 24, 2021
- At this juncture, I feel like it is more uplifting to look to the past for updates on the men’s hockey team. As far as I can tell, all men’s hockey was cancelled this past weekend? Weird.
That time @BadgerMHockey announced a three-man recruiting class for the ages. An NHL and Olympic legend. A first-round NHL draft pick. A top-10 scorer in Wisconsin history. pic.twitter.com/o3IVtjOUej— BadgersHistory (@BadgersHistory) October 24, 2021
- First exhibition game for the women’s hoops team is in under a week. Excited to see what Marisa Moseley’s first team looks like.
2021-2022 game schedule— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerWBB) October 23, 2021
Excited to see Badger fans this season!
: https://t.co/5f4fkhGhSa#OnWisconsin | #NOW pic.twitter.com/KU7aGWcrfX
- The Big Ten women’s soccer bracket was released on Sunday and we have a full breakdown coming later on Monday from J.J. about the Badgers chances and who he thinks is going to win.
- The Illinois football program has been on a real roller coaster this year. The latest up came in a nine OT slugfest to upset Penn State.
- Penn State, meanwhile, is having their own version of Groundhog Day.
- Nebraska volleyball remains undefeated in the Big Ten. They host the Badgers on Wednesday night.
- Tom Izzo is one of the last of the old guard men’s college hoops coaches.
- Can Iowa survive the craziness of this college football season? Playing at Wisconsin can’t be super helpful in their survival bid tbqh.
- Recap of the Wisconsin/Purdue game from Saturday by the Hammer & Rails crew.
- Northwestern football has been served a number of hard lessons this year. Saturday’s loss to Michigan was yet another one.
- How is Michigan doing with their two quarterbacks this year? Maize N Brew takes a look at the numbers.
- Rutgers women’s soccer wins the Big Ten regular season title.