Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Nebraska).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- Nicole LaMantia was named WCHA Defender of the Week and the Badgers will need all of her talents again this coming weekend as the No. 1 Wisconsin squad welcomes No. 2 Ohio State to LaBahn Arena.
ICYMI, #Badgers Nicole LaMantia was named the WCHA Defender of the Week!— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerWHockey) October 20, 2021
"Kind of see it almost like the Border Battle"— Zach Hanley (@ZachHanley2) October 19, 2021
It's #1 vs. #2 this weekend for @BadgerWHockey!
More on their rivalry with Ohio State tonight on @WISCTV_News3 / @fox47madison. #Badgers pic.twitter.com/nnRnGYNNyh
- The men’s hockey team is about to enter an early season stretch of games that could define their season. See how they’re preparing here.
- Let’s help make the Field House the scariest place Ohio State has played this season.
- Jordyn Bloomer pitched another shutout on Wednesday night, but the offense was unable to score either and the Badgers and Buckeyes tied 0-0.
- Rough outing for the men’s soccer team, who lost to Northwestern 2-0 on Tuesday.
- What about Aland ::gets hit in the neck with a tranquilizer dart::
Game-winning basketball shot...— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) October 20, 2021
Which coach do you have take it?
Sharif Chambliss, Joe Krabbenhoft or Dean Oliver?
We let the Badgers debate this one... pic.twitter.com/EkkCMTW19O
- ::opens football analytics book:: Hmm, yes, the Badgers should huck it deep more.
- A preview ($) of the Badgers wrestling squad that says this year should be “exciting!”
A pair of All-American bookends and some talented new faces are sure to make this an exciting year for @BadgerWrestling @codygoodwin has a preview of Wisconsin in 2021-22https://t.co/lmVtl39fMihttps://t.co/ziX2WANgHB— InterMat (@InterMat) October 20, 2021
- Hey, the Badgers won a midseason football award from the AP! DON’T CLICK TO SEE WHAT IT IS AND JUST PRETEND THAT IT IS A GOOD ONE
- I answered some questions about the Wisconsin/Purdue game for our friends at Hammer and Rails.
- Penn State is bringing in the top-rated QB in the 2022 class.
- Nebraska volleyball keeps on rolling through the Big Ten.
- Speaking of volleyball...lol
- Northwestern women’s soccer is in the midst of a troubling skid.
- Michigan men’s hockey is off to a HOT start and is now the No. 1 team in the country. How have their first four games gone?
- The Rutgers quarterback situation needs...some new blood.
- An NIL update from the Maryland men’s hoops team.
- Illinois men’s basketball is back on the right track thanks to Brad Underwood.