Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Nebraska).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- This will come as a surprise to absolutely no one, but former Wisconsin RB Jalen Berger is now officially in the transfer portal. Hopefully he finds a new school/team where he can be successful.
After recently being dismissed from Wisconsin, 2020 4-star RB Jalen Berger has officially entered the transfer portal; had 389 yards and 3 TD with the Badgers @rivalsmike @McNamaraRivals https://t.co/4VGwlGRlNf— NCAA Transfer Portal (@RivalsPortal) October 14, 2021
- God damn the Wisconsin/Iowa game is going to set organized football back by about 50 years. Both of these teams WON their games in Week 6 too.
Opponent Adjusted EPA/play - Week 6— Bud Davis (@JBudDavis) October 13, 2021
▫️OSU & UGA just on another level
▫️Lots of parity in the upper-middle class
▫️Saban's worst Bama Def?
▫️OU & Clemson are actually bad
▫️Iowa/Wake/OU overdue for Losses
▫️Quadrant of Despair evolving to usual suspects pic.twitter.com/7jvbEv1nJR
- Just so everyone is aware what is coming on Friday. Presumably Jake has already asked for the day off. Also, why the hell didn’t we get invited to a private tasting?!?
- Can I get a “Go Birds” in the chat? No? Alright, whatever, screw you guys.
- I think Montee Ball has an important message for all of the parents out there: dunk on your children if you have to.
My son is 5 and he just told me I’m terrible at everything and that he will win in anything we play. I’m so proud. But I will dunk on him if I have to— Montee Ball (@MonteeBall28) October 13, 2021
- There is women’s soccer (vs. Northwestern) and men’s hockey (vs. Army) on the docket for tonight (Thursday).
- Emily Ehman knows ball.
5⃣ @PurdueVB— Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) October 13, 2021
Those teams feature the best setters in @B1GVolleyball, according to @emilyehman. She explains what makes each player shine pic.twitter.com/I9yNFJyIng
- Iowa fans and Penn State fans are STILL sniping at each other. I hope these two teams never play again.
- Stud Penn State DT P.J. Mustipher is out for the season. He’s an excellent player and hopefully he recovers and continue his career in the NFL.
- The Huskers walloped the Hoosiers in volleyball.
- Purdue football is in search of a pass rush.
- Northwestern men’s soccer notches their first Big Ten win of the season.
- What would happen in a hypothetical game, right now, between Ohio State and Cincinnati?
- 2022 4-star forward Jett Howard committed to play for his dad at Michigan.
- Another 2022 4-star forward, Bobi Klintman of Sweden, committed to Maryland.