With the two official NFL teams of Bucky’s 5th Quarter, the Green Bay Packers and the Philadelphia Eagles, having a bye this weekend (EVERYONE SHUT UP, THEY BOTH AREN’T PLAYING AND YOU CAN’T PROVE WHY NOT!) it will be important to find rooting interests in the six (!!!) Wild Card games on Saturday and Sunday.
So let’s take a look at each playoff game this weekend and add each Badger that is still competing for the Lombardi Trophy so you know who to cheer for!
- Jonathan Taylor will be toting the rock for the Colts and, presumably, toting it real good as he has for the entire second half of the season.
Highest-graded NFL RBs since WK11— PFF College (@PFF_College) January 9, 2021
1. Derrick Henry - 91.9
2. Jonathan Taylor - 90.9 pic.twitter.com/9WMxEopIx8
In an ideal world, Taylor would rush for 200 yards but the Bills would still win. #BillsMafia
- Russell Wilson is QB1 for Seattle and has thrown for 4,212 yards and 40 touchdowns this season. The Rams have the best passing defense in the league. Should be a fun battle.
- RT Rob Havenstein and LG David Edwards will be in charge of keeping new Rams QB John Wolford, who is filling in for injured starter Jared Goff, upright against a Seattle defense that will be out for blood against the untested signal caller.
- LB Jack Cichy, recently signed off of New England’s practice squad, played on special teams for the Bucs last week and will hopefully see some more action this weekend against the NFC East champion WFT.
- No Badgers in this game so maybe get some chores done around the house or watch Ted Lasso or something.
- OT Ryan Ramczyk is a stalwart on the right side of the line for the Saints and LB Zack Baun saw his highest defensive snap count of the season in Week 17. Baun has also been a solid contributor on special teams.
- Two thirds of the Watt brothers play for the Steelers so they are obviously the team that many Badgers fans gravitate towards. FB Derek Watt and EDGE T.J. Watt, who led the league in sacks (15), tackles for loss (23) and quarterback hits (41) this year, will try and win the best of three series with the Browns this year.