It may have taken an extra 10 minutes but on Thursday night the No. 8 Wisconsin Badgers (10-2 overall, 4-1 Big Ten) outlasted the Indiana Hoosiers (7-5 overall, 2-3 Big Ten) 80-73 in double overtime. Here are some fun facts, courtesy of the UW Athletic Department, and highlights from the win.
- Wisconsin moved to 4-1 in Big Ten play, the team’s best start since opening the 2016-17 with a 10-1 conference record.
- Over the last three seasons, the Badgers are 36-5 (.878) at home, the top win percentage in the Big Ten. They have won 27 of their last 29 home games.
Never in doubt— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) January 8, 2021
Tonight's Top Plays in our double OT win over Indiana: pic.twitter.com/loTg6kDf1X
- UW’s 18 straight home wins over IU is the school’s second-longest streak vs. a Big Ten opponent, trailing it’s active 19-game home streak vs. Penn State.
- The Badgers earned their first double OT win since a 70-66 win over Iowa on Feb. 6, 2013.
- Wisconsin had just seven turnovers in the game, including zero in the second half. The Badgers have now had 11 or fewer TOs in 30 consecutive games.
- UW had a season-high 10 steals.
- The Badgers went 16-for-20 at the free throw line. UW is 6-0 when attempting at least 20 FTAs this season.
- Senior G D’Mitrik Trice (team-high 21 points against IU) has scored at least 20 points in three of the last four games, averaging 22.3 ppg over that stretch.
The man has been unreal tonight!@DMitrikTrice0 x #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/lK5Xme4D4i— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) January 8, 2021
- Trice now owns 351 career assists (seven against IU), passing Mike Kelley for sixth place on the UW’s all-time chart.
- Trice now owns 1,177 career points, moving into No. 27 place on Wisconsin’s all-time scoring list. He is now leading Brad Davison’s career total by five points. Should be fun to watch them battle it out for who ends their career with more points.
- Sophomore F Tyler Wahl notched 12 points, going 2-for-2 from three-point range in the second overtime. This was the second time in his career he has hit multiple three-pointers.
T-WAHL TIME! @BadgerMBB x @tjwahl01 pic.twitter.com/9G5ho9e6jU— Wisconsin On BTN (@WisconsinOnBTN) January 8, 2021
- Senior F Micah Potter posted 10 points and has now scored in double figures in nine of 12 games this season. The Badgers are 9-0 in such games.
- Freshman G Jonathan Davis had six points and matched his career-high with eight rebounds and a career-best three steals in a career-high 41 minutes.
- Senior F Nate Reuvers finished with 14 points (6-6 FTs), six rebounds and three assists. Reuvers scored 12 in the second half and overtimes. He has scored in double figures six times this season.