September 1st is a big day on the recruiting calendar as it is the first day that schools can initiate contact with high school juniors. For the class of 2022 and the Wisconsin Badgers it is a way to cement UW’s interest in certain prospects without officially offering them yet. We’ll try and keep a running list here of players that Wisconsin and Paul Chryst have reached out to so far.
- The first player we saw on the ol’ timeline announce that the Badgers had reached out to him was 4-star S Braelon Allen (Fond du Lac), aka the only commit in the 2022 class for UW.
I’m not going to embed all of the tweets here, as they are all the same graphic with the player’s name in it, but here are the rest of the 2022 prospects I could find on Twitter saying that Wisconsin has reached out to them:
- Rodney Hill, WR, Statesboro, Ga.
- Nikai Martinez, 4-star, CB, Apopka, Fla.
- Chad Schuster, OT, Franklin
- Evan Redding, WR, Menomonee Falls
- Eian Pugh, WR, Oak Park, Ill.
- Grant Mastin, ILB, Jackson, Ohio
- Trevor Burnett, RB, Glen Ellyn, Ill.
- Denzel Alexandre-Louis, OL/DL, Kennesaw, Ga.
- Nathan Vail, S, Kennesaw, Ga.
- Reggie Fleurima, 4-star, WR, Naperville, Ill.
- Andrew Keller, TE, Waunakee
- Jahari Scott, RB, Lake Forest, Ill.
- Marcus Allen, CB, Marietta, Ga.
- Toby Thompson, DT, Canton, Ga.
- Malachi Hood, RB, Joliet, Ill.
- Jordan Anderson, RB, Joliet, Ill.
- Azareyeh Thomas, 4-star, S, Niceville, Fla.
- Terrell Carmicheal, WR/DB, Carrollton, Ga.
- Nate Kurisky, 3-star, TE, Washington, D.C.
- Trevell Johnson, 3-star, ILB, Arlington, Texas
- Brandon White, WR, Cincinnati, Ohio
It looks like the state of Georgia is going to be an important focal point for the Badgers on the recruiting trail. The greater Chicagoland area will continue to be a place that Wisconsin is looking closely at as well.
UPDATE, Tuesday September 1st, 3:08 p.m. CST:
Here are a few more players that Wisconsin has contacted.
- Jaylan Sanchez, WR, Jersey City, N.J.
- Christion Stokes, 3-star ATH, Harper Woods, Mich.
- Cason Henry, OL/DL, Marietta, Ga.
- Jayden Montgomery, ILB, Green Bay
- Jordan Kwiatkowski, 3-star OLB, Sterling Heights, Mich.
- Grant Page, ATH, Boulder, Colo.
- Nathan Skebba, OT, Grafton
- Myles Burkett, QB, Franklin
- Ernest Blackshire, Jr., RB/S, Milwaukee
- Lucas Sadler, DT, Chesterland, Ohio
Also, although he hasn’t tweeted about it, 2022 QB Devin Brown (Queen Creek, Ariz.) has presumably heard from the Badgers today.
Sept 1 is crazier than I thought. I’m going to need another battery charge.— Devin Brown (@dbrownqb33) September 1, 2020
He has received offers from Oregon State and Southern Cal today, so yeah...Wisconsin better have reached out to him.
Another thing, all of the top 2022 in-state players assuredly received something from Wisconsin too, they just haven’t tweeted anything out about it.