The recruiting class of 2022 will be on campus before you know it and will be talked about on message boards since, well, last year probably. The Wisconsin Badgers only have two offers out in the class and obviously have zero commits so far. Hell, they still might be filling one spot in the 2021 class for goodness sake!
Rivals released their newest update for the 2022 class by adding players to their list and creating the Rivals150 for the rising juniors. The top player in the class, and to be quite honest the country regardless of grade, is Emoni Bates out of Ypsilanti, Mich. who is leaning towards staying in-state which would be a real bummer for the Badgers.
The two players that the Badgers have offered already are both from Minnesota and are both on Rivals new rankings.
- Camden Heide, Wayzata, Minn., Wayzata High School, 6-foot-5 and 175 pounds, wing, No. 42
Heide also has offers from Cal, Purdue, Iowa and Minnesota and is an athletic, smooth, multi-level scorer.
- Trejuan Holloman, St. Paul, Minn., Cretin-Derham Hall, 6-foot-2 and 160 pounds, point guard, No. 84
Holloman also has offers from Baylor, Iowa, Minnesota, Texas, Michigan State and Nebraska. He is a flashy passer that can get to the basket with ease. His shot seems a bit wonky to me, but it is effective. Holloman plays AAU for Howard Pulley, a team that the Badgers have had a lot of success recruiting from.
There are also a handful of players that the Badgers have shown interest in, but haven’t offered yet. They include:
- AJ Casey, Chicago, Ill., Tinley Park High School, 6-foot-8 and 200 pounds, power forward, No. 21; offers from DePaul, Illinois and Kansas
- Gradey Dick, Bel Aire, Kan., Sunrise Christian Academy, 6-foot-6 and 185 pounds, wing, No. 32; offers from Baylor, Creighton, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Purdue, Texas Tech, Wichita State
- Ty Rodgers, Grand Blanc, Mich., Grand Blanc High School, 6-foot-5 and 175 pounds, wing, No. 73; offers from Houston, Marquette, Michigan, Ohio State and Rhode Island
- Seth Trimble, Menomonee Falls, Menomonee Falls High School, 6-foot-1 and 165 pounds, point guard, No. 120; offer from Milwaukee
- Steven Clay, Menomonee Falls, Menomonee Falls High School, 6-foot-4 and 170 pounds, shooting guard, No. 134; offer from Milwaukee
- Jaden Schutt, Yorkville, Ill., Yorkville Christian High School, 6-foot-5 and 180 pounds, shooting guard, No. 146; offers from Drake, Illinois, Southern Illinois, Illinois-Chicago