Now that the Wisconsin Badgers have secured a verbal commitment from 3-star CB Ricardo Hallman (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.) let’s take a look at where the major recruiting sites have UW ranked in the conference and nationally.
- ESPN: Wisconsin is now ranked No. 15 in the country (up three spots from the last time they updated the rankings on June 5th) and No. 5 in the B1G, behind Ohio State, Michigan, Minnesota and Maryland. The Badgers have five 4-stars and four ESPN 300 commits.
- Rivals: The Badgers moved up to No. 12 in the country and No. 4 in the B1G behind Ohio State, Michigan and one spot behind Iowa. Wisconsin is also one spot ahead of Minnesota and two ahead of Rutgers. A real cluster of B1G in the top-15! UW has five 4-stars and an average recruit rating of 3.33, which puts them ahead of Iowa and only .06 behind Michigan.
- 247Sports: The Composite rankings has Wisconsin at No. 11 and the 247Sports rankings has them at No. 10. They are No. 3 in the B1G based on the Composite and No. 4 in the 247Sports rankings. They must be really high on a couple of Iowa kids, because the Hawkeyes are No. 8 in the 247 standalone rankings. Based on the standalone ratings, UW has seven 4-stars and an average recruit rating of 88.93. Based on the composite, UW has five 4-stars and an average recruit rating of 88.76.
Based on these rankings, Wisconsin is shaping up to have its best recruiting class ever. Obviously lots will change between now and signing day, like Alabama won’t be barely in the top-25, but there is a lot of positive momentum for the Badgers on the trail right now.
After securing the verbal commitment of Hallman, a number of current and future Badgers voiced their pleasure with the news on the ol’ tweet box.
- Fellow Floridian Semar Melvin was pumped up.
- Fellow defensive back and 2021 classmate Hunter Wohler welcomes Hallman to the “DB fam.”
- The QB for 2021 and one of the most vocal Twitter recruiters in the class, Deacon Hill, is probably happy he doesn’t have to play against Hallman.
Welcome to the family bro bro ⚪️ https://t.co/hMHlJfO2NZ— Deacon Pe’a Hill (@dhillsb10) June 22, 2020
Loyal Crawford and TJ Bollers, among others, also shouted out Hallman on Twitter over the last two days. It is nice to see the other recruits excited about a new member of the class and hopefully that will lessen any stress they have about fitting in once they get to Madison.