Recruiting is the lifeblood of any major college athletics team, but following it closely as a fan can sometimes be difficult and can often be time consuming. We’ll try and condense all the recruiting news you can use into this bi-weekly post. It’ll include updates on current commits, including stats from their high school games, as well as news on players the Badgers are still pursuing. Let’s get down to business!
- Incoming freshman forward Ben Carlson (Woodbury, Minn.) is reaching milestones all over the place during his senior season at East Ridge High School.
Carlson had 32 points and eight rebounds in the win over Mounds View on Tuesday night.
As if collecting his 1,000th rebound wasn’t enough for Carlson last week, he also became East Ridge’s all-time leading scorer!
He scored 23 points in the win over Woodbury. The Raptors are now 15-1 in conference and tied with Cretin-Derham Hall for the league lead. They have two games left in the regular season and the last one happens to be...Cretin-Derham Hall. Should be a good one.
- 2020 PWO F Carter Gilmore is ice cold.
He is also going to be an absolute steal for the Badgers. Please forgive me for bringing this up again but I don’t want to get arrested and it’s the law that we have to mention this every time Gilmore is talked about.
By the way, he had 30 points, 15 rebounds, seven assists and five blocks in this win over Marquette.
- Speaking of breaking all-time school scoring records, Johnny Davis (La Crosse) just set the record at La Crosse Central breaking former Badgers guard Kobe King’s record.
- Two of South Dakota’s finest and the coach of the year in the B1G this season (??) took a picture together after Greg Gard and Joe Krabbenhoft caught 2021 4-star commit F Matthew Mors in action.
It's not every day the Wisconsin Badgers' coaches jet into Yankton to watch Matthew and the Bucks play! What an honor to welcome them to Yankton...and even better they got to watch the Bucks defeat the Mitchell Kernels 61-40! pic.twitter.com/52tzVUzsUf— Pauline Rhoades (@Norwegian1948) February 22, 2020
- 2020 PG Lorne Bowman (Detroit, Mich.) hasn’t broken his school’s scoring record yet, but he’s climbing the list.
Past to present, Walter Sakowski P’72 wishing Lorne Bowman all the best as he moves up the list of All Time Scoring Leaders. Kylo Jones P’97 at #3 might be in sight. pic.twitter.com/YyweLNvoBy— OLSM ALUMNI (@OLSM_ALUMNI) February 22, 2020
- Here is 2020 big man Steven Crowl (Eagan, Minn.) talking about the upcoming state tournament.
@KSTP recently stopped by to chat with @BadgerMBB commit @Steven_Crowl and Coach @mnwarriorsGoetz about their goal of making a return trip to the State Championship.— Eastview Boys Hoops (@EVBoysHoops) February 23, 2020
Watch the complete feature: https://t.co/SgkH5z4cEK pic.twitter.com/ZFVJOhvTpu
Women’s basketball recruiting news
- 2020 4-star Halle Douglass (Lake Forest, Ill.) is leading her team to championships before heading up to Madison next year.
The Chicago Tribune has the recap of the game: “Senior guard Halle Douglass, a Wisconsin recruit, made just three field goals but finished with 19 points for Lake Forest (25-8), which captured its third regional title in four seasons and advanced to a Class 4A Palatine Sectional semifinal against No. 1 Hersey (26-7) at 6 p.m. Monday. Junior guard Molly Fisher hit four 3-pointers and scored 14 points.”
Former B5Q writers news
- Our tall, adult son Curt Hogg is doing this again and if it is as much fun as last year you won’t want to miss it.