- The Badgers have now played 13 Quadrant 1 games, the most of any team in the nation.
- Wisconsin now has six Quadrant 1 wins on its resume. Entering Saturday, only Kansas (eight), Baylor (seven), Butler (seven) and Seton Hall (seven) had more.
- Gard has led the Badgers to 17 wins over AP Top 25 teams since taking over in December of 2015, including a 9-6 mark at the Kohl Center.
- Wisconsin snapped Michigan State’s eight-game win streak in the series. The Badgers are 47-26 all-time vs. the Spartans in games played in Madison.
- The Badgers led for 37 minutes and 49 seconds. Michigan State’s only lead was a 2-0 advantage in the game’s first minute.
Anyone can lead a team when it’s easy. You find out a lot about a leader when things are hard. Can’t give Coach Gard enough credit for constantly battling through what he’s had to deal with this year. And very proud of @BadgerMBB for rallying together today. #OnWisconsin— Hippo Kaminsky III (@FSKPart3) February 1, 2020
- Wisconsin had four players finish in double-figure scoring (Nate Reuvers - 15; D’Mitrik Trice - 14; Aleem Ford - 13; Brevin Pritzl - 10), the second time four Badgers scored in double figures in a Big Ten game this season (vs. Nebraska on Jan. 21).
- The Badgers scored 43 points in the first half, matching their 2nd-highest scoring output in a half during Big Ten play. UW had 47 points in the first half of their win over Indiana on Dec. 7 and 43 in the second half of their win over Nebraska on Jan. 21.
- Wisconsin committed just nine fouls, matching it season low (nine at Purdue on Jan. 24).
- Michigan State went 3-for-4 from the free throw line, marking season lows for free throws and attempts for the Spartans.
- Junior G D’Mitrik Trice had 14 points, six rebounds and five assists, recording his fourth straight game in double-figure scoring.
- Junior F Aleem Ford scored 13 points, matching his career high in a Big Ten game, on 5-for-6 shooting and a 2-for-2 mark from 3-point range. He added four rebounds and two steals.
Big win. Love it. Boys deserve some beers after that one. After a long week, they showed a lot of character.— Sam Dekker (@dekker) February 1, 2020