We have got some exciting news for you here on a Tuesday morning. Late Monday night your No. 25 Wisconsin Badgers sent out the game notes for Saturday’s contest against the No. 19 Iowa Hawkeyes and, you’re not going to believe this but I swear it’s true, there was a real updated depth chart!
::wipes tears from both eyes::
It’s beautiful! There is only one “OR” on the entire thing for goodness sake!!
There are also a handful of important developments noted in the new depth chart.
- True freshman RB Jalen Berger is now listed as the starter! Fans have been clamoring for him to get more carries as he was the only offensive player who made anything happen against both Northwestern and Indiana.
- Senior QB Jack Coan is once again listed as the backup to Graham Mertz. Coan has missed the entire season with an injury, but suited up as Mertz’s backup against Indiana.
- I don’t believe we have heard an official injury report on starting C Kayden Lyles, but he was carted off against the Hoosiers and one would assume he is done for the year. Backup C Cormac Sampson is listed as the starter after missing the IU game with an injury. True freshman Tanor Bortolini who was forced into action against Indiana is the backup.
- Danny Davis III and Kendric Pryor are both listed as the starting wideouts but that has been true over the past few weeks as well and Davis hasn’t played, so I wouldn’t read too much into that.
- The defense is pretty much the same as it was against Indiana. They played well, so no need for changes.