Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- Obviously Kevin will have a full Badgers in the NFL recap later this week, but you have to see Quintez Cephus’ first career touchdown. What a beauty of a throw from Matt Stafford and what a catch! Also, LOL @ the Bears for losing this game.
- Ross Homan is an excellent NBA Draft analyst and he has been high on Johnny Davis for a while now.
A lot of Justin Lewis talk after Wisconsin/Marquette but Johnny Davis also played a great game. Career high in MP at 30. Shooting production needs to improve but I do believe it will. Gets to his spots well, extremely aggressive in all facets and good on-ball defensively. pic.twitter.com/EmlT4VOd89— Ross Homan (@Ross_homan1) December 6, 2020
- It is hard to remember all the way to the end of last week, but I don’t think we discussed this note on Rachad Wildgoose.
#Badgers coach Paul Chryst, on his radio show, reveals the shoulder injury Rachad Wildgoose suffered at Northwestern was season-ending. Wildgoose then decided to turn pro.— Jeff Potrykus (@jaypo1961) December 4, 2020
- A cool look at the recruiting process for a highly touted player like Sam Dekker from someone who knows him well...himself.
- Had to have been pretty cool for Dylan Holloway to talk to Wayne Gretzky and Connor McDavid in one night.
With Hockey Canada's #WorldJuniors camp in quarantine, Dylan Holloway relived the phone calls he received from McDavid and Gretzky after the Oilers drafted him and why he was willing to give up some NCAA games for a shot at wearing the : https://t.co/QJf3c5zaLp#TSNHockey pic.twitter.com/3bxPQhJ1r2— TSN Hockey (@TSNHockey) December 7, 2020
- Iowa men’s basketball can win it all this year but...and stop me if you’ve heard this one before...they need to improve their defense!
- Don’t look now, but Penn State has won two games in a row! Their most recent win over Rutgers was their 900th as a program.
- Nebraska, kind of, pounded Purdue on Saturday. Weird season, man.
- In the most apt recruiting victory of all time, Purdue nabbed a 2022 LB recruit with the last name of “Moon.”
- Northwestern has won the Big Ten West for the second time in the past three years. Puke city.
- Will Ohio State and Michigan play this week? MAYBE!
- Michigan men’s hoops are off to a 4-0 start. How is Juwan Howard crafting his rotations?
- Rutgers is also off to an undefeated start in men’s hoops.
- Star freshman Angel Reese will miss around three months with a foot fracture for Maryland’s women’s hoops team.
- How did Jack Tuttle do in his first start for Indiana?
- Michigan State had their doors blown off by Ohio State on Saturday, was there anything good to take away for the Spartans?