On Thursday afternoon, Wisconsin Badgers head coach Paul Chryst joined the media, via Zoom, to discuss the upcoming game against the Indiana Hoosiers, Jack Coan’s availability, and how C.J. Goetz and Kayden Lyles have been progressing.
- On how the injury report is looking this week. He mentioned that WR Danny Davis III has done the least, “That was the one thing about not playing, it gave the guys that were dinged up a chance to get healthier.”
- On the secondary heading into this tough game without starting CB Rachad Wildgoose, “I really think that they...I like their approach. The whole position group as a whole has had a good week. I’ve liked their response. Jimmy [defensive coordinator Jim Leonhard] has liked it as well.”
- On what makes IU’s wideouts special, “They play fast. They attack in their route running and when the ball is in the air. They’re playing in good rhythm and truthfully they’re probably playing with confidence.”
- On Coan’s injury progression, “Each week Jack has been able to progress, it has been a little bit of a long road for him but I do anticipate him to be able to dress this week.”
- On how C.J. Goetz has played this year, “C.J.’s been awesome. To see and watch his growth, I think know he’s playing with a confidence in his position. I think he’s truly found a home. I love his approach. He has been one of those bright spots.”
- On how Kayden Lyles has improved with his communication from the center position, “I think he’s, one he understands the importance of it and therefore takes great pride in being right. Part of it is knowing what to look for, trusting that, and then starting the communication. If there’s hesitation at all there can be a domino effect that isn’t good.”