Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- Big news out of Madison!
Very excited to be launching BAN, the Barry Alvarez Network, where I'll be presenting the REAL Wisconsin Badgers news you deserve, including the TRUTH about our 5-0 record and recent win over Iowa that the mainstream media is hiding from you!#Badgers— Scary Alvarez (@barryisthedon) December 14, 2020
- ICYMI yesterday, the Badgers and Cardinals will be playing this weekend to decide the winner of the B1G/ACC Challenge.
WE’RE PLAYING SATURDAY!!!— Louisville Basketball (@LouisvilleMBB) December 14, 2020
: #ACCB1G at @BadgerMBB
⏰: Noon ET
: ESPN2https://t.co/LvxqPgb7AR pic.twitter.com/BZChpV0paZ
- A cool interview with Tiffany Clark, the former Wisconsin libero.
Cool tidbit from @BadgerVB alum Tiffany Clark on her challenge from being the emotional and "erratic" player she was to her team's "rock."— Emily Ehman (@emilyehman) December 11, 2020
"@KellyPSheffield made it very clear to me that that would not be tolerated and that the Wisconsin libero needs to be someone who is a rock." https://t.co/9OIpjqBj0Z
- The women’s hockey team remains No. 1. Can’t wait until they’re able to play the Gophers this year.
Wisconsin maintains top spot in USCHO women's poll.— NCAA Ice Hockey (@NCAAIceHockey) December 14, 2020
- Cole Caufield has been impressive at Team USA camp ahead of the World Juniors.
Dylan Holloway on @BadgerMHockey teammate Cole Caufield:— Mark Masters (@markhmasters) December 14, 2020
"Everyone is in awe of the way he scores goals, but the way he is away from the puck, he's gotten a lot better. His hands & shot, believe it or not, I feel like they've gotten better too"
- Sadly, the annual Indiana/Purdue football game is not going to happen this year. The rivals mutually agreed to call the game off.
#IUFB and Purdue mutually agree to cancel Friday's Old Oaken Bucket Game.https://t.co/taot2uresm— Indiana Football (@IndianaFootball) December 15, 2020
- Iowa’s Caitlin Clark has won Big Ten Freshman of the Week all three times this season and Big Ten Player of the Week twice. Sheesh!
- Can Jeff Brohm rediscover his offensive mojo?
- Thank whatever deity you normally thank because there are reports that Northwestern defensive coordinator Mike Hankwitz is retiring at the end of the year.
- With Early Signing Day ::checks calendar:: Jim Harbaugh reassures recruits that he’s going to be around for the long haul.
- Rutgers opened up B1G play in men’s hoops with a win for the first time ever!
- Maryland, uh, on the other hand opened with a loss...to Rutgers.
- The Maryland women, however, beat Rutgers!
- Where did the Lovie Smith Era go wrong at Illinois?
- Former 4-star WR at Indiana is entering the transfer portal.
- Soon, TCF Bank Stadium will have a new name!
- The Gophers have entered the “why won’t in-state talent stay in-state” portion of the football recruiting discourse.