Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- Based on the sports app on my phone, the Badgers are double-digit favorites (10.5 points!) over the Gophers on Saturday! Does Las Vegas not get the Wisconsin games because UW hasn’t even scored 10 points in any of their last three games.
- Congratulations to all Badgers who graduated this weekend. You join the illustrious ranks of Wisconsin grads like former MLB Commissioner Bud Selig, the head of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce’s television department Harry Crane, CNN Senior Congressional Correspondent, who sometimes likes our tweets about recruiting, Manu Raju and me, Drew Hamm.
Nothing but grateful! DEGREED pic.twitter.com/1mPAMr467Z— Collin Wilder (@WilderCollin) December 13, 2020
- Man, Madison is such a beautiful city.
Caught the lights changing on the Wisconsin Capitol during our first snowstorm. ❄️ #MadisonWI pic.twitter.com/cLKJkYkWWI— Sam Li (@TheSamLi) December 13, 2020
- Listen up, Montee Ball! You leave the bad photoshops and morose posting to us, you hear me?!?
December 13, 2020
- Alec Ingold has really carved out a nice little career for himself with the Raiders, hasn’t he? Great player and great dude. Good for him!
So much bigger than football. Blessed and humbled to be the @raiders nominee for the #WPMOY— Alec Ingold (@AI_XLV) December 10, 2020
We’re just getting started! pic.twitter.com/yNEBo19VtP
- Ugh, it is just disgusting to see Iowa so damned pleased with themselves after beating Wisconsin.
- I need you to click on this link if only to see the trophy awarded to the winner of the annual Penn State/Michigan State rivalry game. PSU’s men’s hockey team swept ASU with a pair of OT wins.
- “You know, I hate to even say this, we had our best week of practice offensively maybe since I’ve been in Nebraska, so I expected us to come out and play. We completed everything in practice.” Scott Frost said this after losing to Minnesota. He is the gift that keeps on giving.
- Paul Bunyan’s Axe isn’t the only rivalry trophy on the line this coming weekend. Indiana and Purdue are going to play for the Old Oaken Bucket as well!
- According to reports, Northwestern’s AD Jim Phillips is in line to be the next commissioner of the ACC.
- Ohio State nabs the No. 1 WR in the 2021 class. Early signing day is on Wednesday and it will surely be a good day for the Buckeyes.
- Juwan Howard seems like he’d be a good coach to play for.
- Rutgers football has won three Big Ten games this year. It seems that Greg Schiano has them headed in the right direction.
- Lovie Smith is out as the head football coach at Illinois.
- Indiana defensive coordinator Kane Wommack is taking the head job at South Alabama.
- Michigan State outlasts a game Oakland team on the hardwood Sunday night.