Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- I don’t know too many people who are universally well-liked, but Alex Trebek seemed like one of them. Hopefully he’s at peace now.
- Dick Vitale tweets like an absolutely unhinged person, but it’s nice to see that he is high on the Badgers heading into this season.
Hey Badger fans r really excited for the @BadgerMBB team / I have the Badgers as my # 6 pre season team . One of the vital reasons is their talented big man MICAH POTTER .— Dick Vitale (@DickieV) November 6, 2020
- It’s always nice to see former Badgers give back and help out the kids. Just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Our Week 8 #CommunityMVP is @CoreyClement_6 for helping lead the @NYFUSA contest, where kids across the country created books about anti-bullying. The @Eagles RB surprised the winners with a $500 grand prize and news that their book will be published. : https://t.co/drH63b0Xz3 pic.twitter.com/9t6nzIysnN— NFLPA (@NFLPA) November 6, 2020
- B1G Hockey is having their media day today and tomorrow (Monday and Tuesday) and head coach Tony Granato is first up on Monday morning around 11 a.m. and we’ll be reporting live from his availability.
Starting Monday, follow along as we preview the 2020-21 season before the puck drops this weekend! https://t.co/jJZl7jCYRN— Big Ten Hockey (@B1GHockey) November 8, 2020
The conference also said that they’d release the preseason coaches poll and all-conference teams on Monday.
- Iowa needed some good news and stomping a mudhole in Michigan State provided them just that!
- Winless Penn State is, uh, really going through it right now.
- The grades for Nebraska aren’t good, but is there still hope in Lincoln?
- Northwestern is 3-0. I hate it.
- Justin Fields is having an amazing season but what else went right for the Buckeyes in their game against Rutgers.
- Jim Harbaugh is standing by his defensive coordinator Don Brown, whose seat might be even hotter than Harbaugh’s.
- Rutgers still kinda sucks, but at least they’re fun!
- Maryland finally beat Penn State again and their defense was the main reason why.
- Illini fans are...not happy about the football program.
- Mel Tucker says MSU has “a tremendous amount of work to do” after getting blasted by Iowa. What the hell does Michigan have to do then?
- Minnesota RB Mohamed Ibrahim is having a great season.