Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- I did not listen to Paul Chryst’s interview on 1310 WIBA on Thursday but Colten Bartholomew has a good takeaway for those hoping to see another Badgers game this season.
Just finished listening to #Badgers coach Paul Chryst on 1310 WIBA with @brian_posick. Certainly doesn't sound like a coach who's preparing for his season to be canceled, so the internet can chill with that story.— Colten Bartholomew (@CBartWSJ) November 5, 2020
Here’s a clip from Chryst’s interview.
We’ll be back.— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) November 5, 2020
And we’ll be ready. pic.twitter.com/3BiFxQrRfW
- Crazy how different the Purdue response to the game being cancelled is from Nebraska’s response.
Purdue’s statement on Wisconsin’s cancellation (they’ve been members of the same conference since 1896): pic.twitter.com/BhoGTOxRwg— Scott Dochterman (@ScottDochterman) November 3, 2020
- Just in the nick of time the Big Ten Conference released a men’s hockey schedule. Well, they released half of a schedule. Rock has a breakdown for you right here and the men’s hockey account did a good tweet to celebrate.
WAIT!!! WHAT??— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerMHockey) November 5, 2020
Hockey!!!!!! We have a hockey schedule!!!#Badgers || #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/WQjKVSLkKq
Now we wait for the WCHA to drop the women’s schedule and then we’ll really be cooking with gas.
- Filed under: former Badgers football coaches we don’t really like to talk about, comes a story about Gary Andersen being kind of a cock.
- Should the Hawkeyes make a switch at the QB position? BHGP takes a look.
- Terrible news out of Lincoln as the Huskers announced that 21-year old wrestler Christian Miller was killed in a car crash on Thursday morning. We send our condolences to Miller’s family and the Nebraska wrestling program.
- Where will Northwestern finish in the B1G West?
- Rutgers added an in-state 3-star WR to their 2022 class.
- A deep dive into what new 5-star Caleb Houstan means for the Wolverines 2021 hoops class.
- Taulia Tagovialoa is giving the Terps hope they have found the answer under center.
- Indiana is trying to beat Michigan for the first time since 1987. Tom Allen thinks this is the year.
- Gophers defensive coordinator Joe Rossi tests positive for COVID-19. We hope he makes a quick and healthy recovery.
- MSU players Joey Hauser and Aaron Henry discuss their upcoming matchup with UVa in the B1G/ACC Challenge.