While we are still waiting for the Wisconsin Badgers schedule to be released for the upcoming basketball season it seems like as good a time as any to look to the future. On Wednesday, 247Sports released an update to their class of 2022 recruiting rankings and several Badgers targets are in the top-150.
Wisconsin does not have a commitment in the 2022 class yet, although, to be fair not many teams do. Annoyingly, Michigan State already has two commitments including No. 1 overall player, and generational talent, SF Emoni Bates (Ypsilanti, Mich.). Let’s take a look at where the players the Badgers are in on are ranked now.
- No. 59, 4-star PF Isaac Traudt, Grand Island, Neb.
- No. 69 (!!!), 4-star SF Camden Heide, Plymouth, Minn.
- No. 70, 4-star PG Tre Holloman, St. Paul, Minn.
- No. 77, 4-star PF Braden Huff, Glen Ellyn, Ill.
- No. 86, 4-star C Joe Hurlburt, Enderlin, N.D.
- No. 119, 3-star SG Jaden Schutt, Yorkville, Ill.
As we’ve mentioned before, Holloman isn’t really on the Badgers board anymore as he’s considering a number of different Big Ten schools like Minnesota, Indiana, Michigan State and Nebraska...Athletic big man Hurlburt, who plays grassroots ball for D1 Minnesota, is listed as “warm” for Wisconsin on his 247 profile, along with Minnesota, Ohio State and Colorado...Schutt is a player that I am excited about because he looks like a deadeye shooter and a violent finisher at the rim...Since the Badgers offered Traudt back at the end of July he has blown up and now has 25 offers which will make his recruitment hard to stand out in.
Players Badgers are interested in
- No. 31, 4-star PF A.J. Casey, Chicago, Ill.
- No. 43, 4-star SF Gradey Dick, Wichita, Kan.
- No. 74, 4-star SF Ty Rodgers, Grand Blanc, Mich.
- No. 94, 4-star SF Tyler Nickel, Elkton, Va.
- No. 99, 4-star SG JaVaughn Hannah, Mount Clemens, Mich.
- No. 101, 4-star SG Jeffery Brazziel, Milwaukee
- No. 107, 4-star CG Seth Trimble, Menomonee Falls
- No. 109, 4-star PF Ahjany Lee, Bryon, Minn.
- No. 123, 3-star CG Eli King, Caledonia, Minn.
Of these players, I’d guess Nickel is the next to get an offer from the Badgers. He has been in contact with them all summer and his playing style fits what Wisconsin tries to do...In-state prospects Brazziel and Trimble are obviously two players that Greg Gard and co. are familiar with but it is unclear if either will get an offer from UW. Of the two, Brazziel is probably more likely to get one...Hannah and King are two players I like a lot but King will need to decide between football or basketball and Hannah, who transferred to Ypsi Prep where the aforementioned Emoni Bates plays, might be hard to get out of Michigan if either UM or MSU offers.