Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- Add LB Chris Orr to the list of (full time) pro Badgers!
- Hopefully Dylan Holloway is healthy and able to compete for a spot on Team Canada once their quarantine is over.
- Good news for our Left Coast Badgers as F/C Frank Kaminsky signed a deal with the Sacramento Kings. Frank the Tank will be competing with Hassan Whiteside and Richaun Holmes for minutes at the 5 spot for the Kings.
Free agent F/C Frank Kaminsky has agreed to a one-year deal with the Sacramento Kings, his agent @KB_Sports of BDA Sports tell ESPN.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) November 26, 2020
- Rose Lavelle has to be in the top-10 greatest athletes to come out of Wisconsin list, right? Maybe top-five?
- It is ALWAYS good for a wide receiver to get in his quarterback’s good graces, even if they aren’t even on the same team yet. If you aren’t an avid recruitnik, @NoLimitJuicee is 2021 WR commit Skyler Bell and @dhillsb10 is 2021 QB commit Deacon Hill.
- Shoutout former Badger Aron Cruickshank who is still making people miss on kickoff returns.
- No. 5 Iowa’s Luka Garza scored 36 points in the FIRST HALF against Southern.
- Penn State got their first win of the football season! It is nearly December!!!
- Nebraska lost to Iowa for the sixth straight season and while their fans are saying they aren’t in the business of claiming moral victories...they kinda are.
- Purdue, like any team that loses to Rutgers, is questioning where they go from here.
- Lol Northwestern lost to Michigan State like the fraudulent chumps they are.
- No. 23 Ohio State men’s hoops struggled to put away UMass-Lowell over the weekend.
- When Ohio State takes the football next weekend against Michigan State they will have a black head coach, Larry Johnson, for the first time in school history.
- Jim Harbaugh has pretty much lost everyone’s confidence in Ann Arbor and it’s time for the Wolverines to part ways with him.
- In keeping with the “Michigan had a rough weekend” theme, the men’s hoops team needed overtime to beat Oakland on Sunday.
- The ranked Rutgers men’s basketball team is off to a 3-0 start and looking pretty tough so far.
- James Graham III, a highly sought after basketball recruit out of Milwaukee, will be enrolling early at Maryland and joining the team this year. There was a bit of a Twitter kerfuffle as Mark Miller of the Wisconsin Basketball Yearbook tweeted out a quote where it sounded like Graham was disparaging the competition in high school. I don’t remember the exact quote and Miller’s tweet has been deleted, but I...why am I still talking about this? Nobody cares.
Hey Guys— James Graham III (@JamesGrahamIII2) November 27, 2020
I apologize about this
This was said in a joking matter
I didn’t want to do any harm here ❤️ https://t.co/t4ipJRgDku