Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- It’s election day here in the ol’ US of A and if you haven’t voted yet, you should go do that! Did you know that in Wisconsin and Minnesota (the states with our largest readerships) you can register at the polls on election day! In fact, you can do it in a whole bunch of other places too, including our third biggest readership state, Rhode Island. Don’t fact check this.
— The Daily Show (@TheDailyShow) November 2, 2020
If you’re not registered to vote, you can do it ON Election Day in:
Alright, there is your political talk for the day. Please only post photos in the comments of your pets with an “I Voted” sticker if you must continue talking politics on this, the worst day to be online every four years.
- Speaking of the election, the Wisconsin volleyball team will be helping out at the polls on campus today.
“Let’s get our eyes off of our problems….and let’s help out a community….”@BadgerVB coach @KellyPSheffield on his team’s decision to volunteer as poll workers for #election2020 after their season was postponed on this week’s #SteppingUp @OTLonESPN pic.twitter.com/HJE0YcdEL9— Ryan Smith (@ryansmithtv) November 2, 2020
- If you missed it yesterday, Badgers senior PG D’Mitrik Trice was named to the preseason watch list for the Bob Cousy Award, given annually to the best point guard in the nation.
Devin Harris— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) November 2, 2020
Bronson Koenig@DMitrikTrice0 joins the mix of Badgers nominated for the #CousyAward Point Guard of the Year Award!
Info → https://t.co/kfORARX8kV pic.twitter.com/VL1qiEnCe7
- Still waiting on that Big Ten men’s hockey schedule...
#Badgers goalie Robbie Beydoun on the wait for a schedule with the opener planned for 11 days from now: "You could tell us we're going to play somebody tomorrow and I think we'd be ready to go, no matter who it is."— Todd Milewski (@ToddMilewski) November 2, 2020
Don't give them any ideas.
- As of typing this sentence at 9:33 p.m. CST on Monday night we have not been informed of any media availability on Tuesday to discuss the viability of Wisconsin and Purdue playing football on Saturday. We will obviously keep you posted as we hear anything.
- Indiana basketball has another scheduled game! The B1G is really rocking and rolling with their non-conference schedules this year.
- Boo hoo Michigan!
- The Huskers nabbed a 3-star DE from California this week.
- Here is an update on Purdue football from head coach Jeff Brohm during his press conference on Monday.
- Not a whole lot of news on Monday around the conference.