Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- I mean...c’mon, man!
Wisconsin was called for a false start here pic.twitter.com/ifYI4rOXJM— Bad Sports Refs (@BadSportsRefs) November 22, 2020
- Hopefully Kendric Pryor and Danny Davis III are back in time to play Minnesota because the passing game was not good enough against Northwestern.
Graham Mertz targets vs. Northwestern:— Dave Heller (@dave_heller) November 22, 2020
Ferguson - 9
Dike, Groshek - 7
Dunn - 5
Krumholz - 4
Bracey - 3
Eschenbach, Stokke - 2
Rucci, Watson - 1#Badgers
- I want J.R. Pace arrested!
Northwestern's J.R. Pace is out here stealing towels pic.twitter.com/9kq1ohfgOh— Sporting News (@sportingnews) November 21, 2020
- We will maybe find out more about the injuries to Rachad Wildgoose and Jake Ferguson at Paul Chryst’s media availability today, but we don’t always get an injury report.
Rewatching the #Badgers game now. CB Rachad Wildgoose was injured on a 2nd qtr blitz. NW running back Drake Anderson threw a cut block that Wildgoose took on with his right shoulder.— Colten Bartholomew (@CBartWSJ) November 22, 2020
Wildgoose left the game after the play, didn't return and was in a sling on the sideline.
- Good dunk. Do more dunks.
@aleemty2 pic.twitter.com/GTNImGVpAi— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) November 20, 2020
- Because everything is weird this year, the men’s hockey team is back in action tonight and tomorrow against Penn State on BTN.
Fall off?— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerMHockey) November 22, 2020
Get right back on the lion...@everlightsolar pic.twitter.com/oGr9FcGhdw
- The women’s hockey team finally gets to drop the puck on Friday after sitting out the first weekend of the season with a bye.
IT'S A GREAT DAY FOR....— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerWHockey) November 20, 2020
We guess the @WCHA_WHockey is saving the best for last #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/chTCAYY8eU
- Don’t look now, but Iowa has won three games in a row.
- Penn State is 0-5 and people are not taking it well.
- It really is hilarious to think about how much bitching and moaning Nebraska did to play this season and then watch them lose to Illinois.
- Five takeaways for Northwestern from their win over the Badgers.
- Lest you forget, Purdue got jobbed on Friday night against Minnesota.
- Ohio State got a verbal commitment from the No. 1 QB in the 2022 who recently decommitted from Texas. About time they got a break on the recruiting trail!
- Michigan needed triple overtime to beat Rutgers and may now have a new quarterback?
- They may not be winning every game, but Rutgers is fun!
- The defending Big Ten champion Terps are looking to make a Final Four run this year in women’s hoops.
- Illinois should NOT have deleted the tweet.
- Some advanced stats analysis of Indiana’s close loss at Ohio State.
- Minnesota “beat” Purdue.
- A cool schedule analysis for the Big Ten’s men’s hoops season.