Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- Oh no, Nicole Shanahan. Oh no no no, is right.
- It is always nice to see young Badgers doing well in the pros. Zack Baun had a MONSTER hit in Sunday’s game and his teammates took notice.
- Add another game to the men’s hoops non-conference schedule! On Dec. 1st, Green Bay and new head coach Will Ryan, whose father you might know, travel to Madison for some intra-state action.
- The men’s hockey team landed two more series on TV, including the home opener this weekend against Michigan.
- It seems that Jake was busy yesterday at the media availability lmao.
Only at Wisconsin do multiple press conferences open with questions about a fullback. #Badgers— Zach Heilprin (@ZachHeilprin) November 16, 2020
- Penn State lost to Nebraska this past weekend which is hilarious, but they also made a chance at QB when they benched Sean Clifford. Here is a continued look at potential transfer QBs for the Nittany Lions for next season.
- If there is an NCAA Tournament this year, reports are that the men’s version will be held entirely in one location...Indianapolis.
- Undefeated Northwestern controls their own destiny in the Big Ten West.
- Here are three things Inside NU thinks you should know about the Badgers.
- LGHL says there should be an all-Ohio non-conference basketball tournament this year and I think that would be fun in Wisconsin too!
- Somehow all the recruits that were at the Big House to watch Michigan pee their pants came away impressed!?! Maybe they see chances for early playing time?
- Jim Harbaugh announced that the QB job is now an open competition between Joe Milton and Cade McNamara.
- Rutgers men’s basketball has...expectations this year.
- How is the Maryland men’s basketball team looking this year after losing several key players?
- Crimson Quarry suggests Ohio State should take some time for themselves and watch the enitre extended cut Lord of the Rings trilogy this weekend.
- It’s weird that Gophers fans need a guide on how to deal with a bad season, but here we are.