Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- T.J. Watt is well on his way to having a pretty special season for the Steelers.
T.J. Watt has 2 sacks, 2 QB hits & 2 tackles for loss vs the Bengals— NFL Research (@NFLResearch) November 15, 2020
T.J. Watt (2020) & J.J. Watt (2015) are the only players over the past 15 seasons to record 9+ sacks, 25 + QBH & 10+ TFL in their teams 1st 9 games of a season
J.J. Watt won defensive player of the year in '15
- Sam Dekker’s three point stroke is looking a little different and, uh, it’s working for him.
@dekker is currently shooting 21-40 from 3pt (52.5%) thru 10 games A few of the cues that were pinpointed this off-season were:— Gunnar Person (@GPer23) November 15, 2020
not landing wide? stick the landing
Sometimes if there’s a narrow landing, he’s trying to have bouncy feet to regain balance. pic.twitter.com/WWuChgzrTS
- The Edmonton Oilers are pleased with the play of their most recent first round pick, Dylan Holloway, who scored a goal in each of Wisconsin’s first two games in their sweep of No. 20 Notre Dame.
- I’ve watched this replay a bunch of times and I still don’t know what Joe Milton saw here.
Fine, I'll be the one to say it. This was a TERRIBLE throw by Joe Milton. pic.twitter.com/yJYv30mLKe— Ben Stevens (@BenScottStevens) November 15, 2020
- Is it time for Michigan to make a change at head coach? The Wolverines fan base seems to be divided but there is a LOUD section that wants Harbaugh out.
“There’s nothing right now to say that an acceptable job is being done, players or coaches.” - Jim Harbaugh— Maize n Brew (@MaizenBrew) November 15, 2020
- I don’t know if you were watching the BU/TT game, however this tackle is too amazing to miss.
- Iowa’s defense is saving their season.
- Nebraska is basking in a post-win glow.
- Penn State now has lost their last member of their 2021 men’s basketball recruiting class. This was to be expected with head coach Pat Chambers resigning a few weeks ago, but no less disappointing.
- This week’s opponent, Northwestern, beat Purdue on Saturday. Here are the grades from the Boilermakers’ side of things.
- Speaking of the Wildcats, their defense will put up more of a fight than Michigan’s and the Badgers better be prepared.
- The Ohio State men’s basketball team got a big recruiting win when a 4-star 2022 SG picked the Buckeyes.
- If you’d like to see a postmortem from Michigan’s side of things...here ya go!
- There has been some positivity around Rutgers football this year, but losing to Illinois has allowed them to accept the rebuild.
- You may remember 2021 4-star wing James Graham (Milwaukee) who was considering Wisconsin eventually picked Maryland. Here’s his signing day profile.
- SUCK IT, PURDUE! ILLINOIS HAS SOMEONE IN SPACE NOW!
- Indiana head coach Tom Allen’s son, Thomas Allen, suffered an injury on Saturday and had to be carted off. We hope it isn’t as serious as it sounds.