It’s amazing what happens when you are:
- able to play games
- win the games you play
After thoroughly outplaying Michigan this weekend, the Wisconsin Badgers (2-0 overall, 2-0 B1G) saw their standing in the Coaches Poll and AP Poll improve dramatically. The Badgers vaulted up to No. 12 according to the Coaches and all the way up to No. 10 by the press despite no teams ahead of them losing over the weekend.
Let’s take a look at the newly released rankings for the rest of the Big Ten, and nationally.
- Ohio State —> No. 3 Coaches Poll, No. 3 AP Poll
- Indiana —> No. 10 Coaches Poll, No. 9 AP Poll
- Wisconsin —> No. 12 Coaches Poll, No. 10 AP Poll
- Northwestern —> No. 20 Coaches Poll, No. 19 AP Poll
- Very few changes in the top-10 of either poll with many teams either winning or unable to play this week due to COVID-19.
- There are still 13 undefeated teams in the top-25, while there are six teams that have two losses present in the polls as well.
- The Pac-12 has the fewest teams in the rankings of the Power-Five, while the SEC is the leader of the pack with five.
- Undefeated Coastal Carolina is now ranked ahead of Oklahoma, USC, Texas, Auburn, Penn State, and Michigan as we all expected heading into the year.
AP Top-25: No. 25 Tulsa
Coaches Poll: No. 24 North Carolina; No. 25 Louisiana-Lafayette
AP Top-25: No. 19 SMU
Coaches Poll: No. 19 SMU; No. 25 Army