Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow (which we NO LONGER DO).
- We (read: I) spent most of yesterday picking fights on Twitter with Nebraska fans who thought that Wisconsin was “scared” to play the Huskers in football this weekend. Was it childish? Yes. Was it a waste of my time? Yes. Should I have risen above it and not used the blog account to slander accounts with 100 followers? Yes. Would I do it again? Lmao, definitely yes. Nebraska fans are incredible. They think their college football team is a bunch of righteous warrior-poets that are second only to Jesus in terms of infallibility and it is an amazing time just poking them with a stick.
I know I was doing the right thing because multiple other fan bases were on my side.
Big Ten: Alright, kids. There's a pandemic, so we need everyone to stay in the house. No inviting friends over either.— The Daily Gopher (@TheDailyGopher) October 29, 2020
Wisconsin: I don't feel so good.
*Nebraska raises hand*
Nebraska: Can I invite a friend over?
- Enough Twitter drama, let’s get down to all of the Wisconsin news from Thursday! ::checks files:: OK! There isn’t much, but here we go! Current Wisconsin Badger and future Edmonton Oilers forward Dylan Holloway was invited to participate in Canada’s National Junior Team Selection Camp.
Congrats Dylan Holloway!!!— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerMHockey) October 29, 2020
He's invited to @HockeyCanada's National Junior Team Selection Camp.
World Junior Championship scheduled for Dec. 25-Jan. 5 in Edmontonhttps://t.co/11je0pa7J7 pic.twitter.com/we7GZVo8ag
Camp starts on Nov. 16th which is totally cool because Wisconsin’s season doesn’t start until Nov. 13th. Ahhh, crap. Todd Milewski of the Wisconsin State Journal notes that Wisconsin’s head coach Tony Granato said that Holloway would be better served playing Big Ten games than going to camp. Here is what our Edmonton SB Nation friends at Copper and Blue had to say about Holloway.
- The Hawkeyes have two players enter the transfer portal. Losses of biblical proportions, let me tell you!
- Penn State’s 2020 and 2021 recruiting classes haven’t been up to snuff, but it appears they are getting back on track in 2022, recently nabbing an in-state 4-star WR.
- Those in and around Ohio State Internet keep hinting at some big recruiting news coming soon for the 2022 class and quite frankly that sucks balls.
- Mark Dantonio kinda screwed Mel Tucker over, didn’t he?
- This may come as a surprise to you, because it certainly did to me, there are some reasonable Nebraska fans in the comment section here.
- Indiana head coach Tom Allen allegedly isn’t sleeping during the season???
- The Gophers lose S Benny Sapp III to the transfer portal. They now only have four scholarship safeties on the roster.
- As far as other B1G/ACC Challenge games go: Illinois is playing Duke and Michigan State is playing Virginia in the Hauser Bowl.