Here are some fun facts, courtesy of the UW Athletic Department, on the Wisconsin Badgers huge win on the road against the Ohio State Buckeyes on Friday night.
- Since taking over as head coach on Dec. 15, 2015, Greg Gard has guided UW to eight wins over teams ranked in the AP top-10, including five wins over the top-five...the most in the Big Ten.
- Of those eight top-10 wins, five have come away from home, including three true road wins.
- This marks the 11th consecutive season in which Wisconsin has knocked off a top-10 team.
- Wisconsin has now won five of the last seven against Ohio State, including win in three of the last four trips to Columbus.
- The Badgers are 4-2 against Ohio State under Gard.
- The Badgers went 13-for-16 (81.3%) at the free throw line. UW entered the game leading the Big Ten shooting 77.5% at the stripe.
- Wisconsin turned the ball over 10 times, but had zero in the final 15:07 of the game.
- Junior F Nate Reuvers led UW with 17 points, going 10-for-12 at the free throw line. He also contributed nine rebounds (four offensive).
- You may think that four offensive rebounds led the team, but you’d be wrong. Freshman F Tyler Wahl had five offensive rebounds (he also had three steals...he was amazing).
43.2 percent of Tyler Wahl’s rebounds this year have come on the offensive end. Only Nate Reuvers has more than Wahl’s 19 offensive boards. #Badgers— Zach Heilprin (@ZachHeilprin) January 4, 2020
- Reuvers has scored in double figures in 12 of 14 games this season.
- Sophomore G Kobe King scored 13 points, going 6-for-7 from the field. King notched his eighth game in double figures this season.
- Gard improved his overall record to 89-52 (.631), including a mark of 47-30 (.610) in Big Ten play.