So, you’ve probably read all about what has happened to the Wisconsin Badgers men’s basketball team on Wednesday, but in case you haven’t: Kobe King announced that he was leaving the team and the B1G announced that Brad Davison was suspended for one game (this Saturday’s key match up against Michigan State).
Predictably, the internet had a whole lot to say about both matters. Here’s what everyone on Twitter dot com thought about King and Davison.
Kobe King leaving the program
- First, Jim Polzin has a lot of good information on King and also the Davis twins.
Here's my first run-through of Kobe King's announcement that he's leaving the #Badgers. https://t.co/li2PQujuhk— Jim Polzin (@JimPolzinWSJ) January 29, 2020
- I think there are going to be more and more transfers in college sports as we move forward, but this point is well taken.
Looooooootta transfers out in the Greg Gard era— (Disco) Biscuits (@WiscoInferno) January 29, 2020
- It just hasn’t happened much at Wisconsin which is one of the reasons why people are freaking out about this.
Unless my memory is off, Kobe King becomes the first starter to transfer out of @BadgerMBB since Sam Okey in 1998. 20 years without a significant transfer is a solid run.— EricTheRed (@RealEricTheRed) January 29, 2020
- I’m sure this was just a random, scheduled tweet from Showy.
Some play for the name on the back of the jersey, some play for the name on the front. ♂️— Zak Showalter (@ZShowbball333) January 30, 2020
- Sooooo, Andy Katz went IN on King on BTN Wednesday night.
Unless there is a personal issue, there is no reason to quit on a team before the season ends, regardless of the sport. My take on @BadgerMBB Kobe King: https://t.co/GnWYsOy1oG— Andy Katz (@TheAndyKatz) January 29, 2020
- I think it is fine for a player to transfer for whatever reasons, but the timing and rumored reasons for this one are a real bummer.
Kobe King just announced on Instagram that he’s leaving the Wisconsin basketball program. On January 29th. In the middle of the season. Didn’t tell his teammates. Cleaned out his locker and announced in instagram.— WiscoDisco (@WiscoSports4) January 29, 2020
He’s a quitter. You can’t argue that. pic.twitter.com/1wM1Ra1nUs
- On the other side of the coin.
IMPORTANT:— Scary Alvarez (@barryisthedon) January 29, 2020
Kobe King is a human being and, by all accounts, a solid kid
If you're pissed at him, fine, but now that it's over, pls get back to the business of supporting Wisconsin basketball. That locker room will get closer because of this#Badgers
- Well, I guess it’s really official if he isn’t even on the website anymore.
What you get when you try to pull up Kobe King's profile page on the @UWBadgers website: pic.twitter.com/n5TirBehza— Jason Joyce (@jjoyce) January 30, 2020
- Cold blooded, Kobe. Unless this is normal now. I haven’t been on a first date in, like, 15 years.
I love the world we live in now. 1. Deleting Wisconsin from social media. 2. Announcing leaving the program from social media. He broke up with Wisconsin on social media haha— Ben Brust (@BenBrust) January 30, 2020
- It is a bummer to lose a Wisconsin kid, but if he didn’t want to be here it’s for the best that he’s gone.
Have we ever had a in state Wisconsin kid transfer out of the program?! Asking for a friend...— BCal (@brian_calhoun2) January 30, 2020
Johnny Davis and Jordan Davis, 2020 recruits who play at King’s high school, update
Johnny and Jordan Davis' father Mark tells me via text that Kobe's decision to leave Wisconsin has no effect on the twins' status. They're still all-in on the Badgers.— Scott Emerich (@ScottEmerich19) January 29, 2020
Brad Davison being suspended
- Bad news indeed.
The Big Ten has suspended #Badgers guard Brad Davison for a game. More bad news for UW.— Jim Polzin (@JimPolzinWSJ) January 30, 2020
- Minnesota, Iowa, Marquette, Michigan, well...just about every other fan base is happy. That makes me sick.
A punch to the groin for #Badgers fans as Brad Davison receives a long overdue suspension. https://t.co/kpXOzCNxMu— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) January 30, 2020
- Here’s BTN breaking it all down. Oh, they’re just saying Wisconsin is fucked on Saturday? Cool.
The Big Ten announced a one-game suspension of Wisconsin's Brad Davison following his flagrant foul against Iowa: pic.twitter.com/4UG4xzByPK— Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) January 30, 2020
Badgers down Kobe King (transfer) and Brad Davison (nut punch) for one of their biggest home games of the year. https://t.co/Spg1UwNn3X— Dylan Burkhardt (@umhoops) January 30, 2020
- If Wisconsin beats Michigan State on Saturday it’s going to be hilarious.
Brad Davison suspended and Kobe King transferring right before playing MSU Saturday? pic.twitter.com/PieAS69oIe— John Kirby (@john_kirby) January 30, 2020
Current players react to King leaving
- Starting point guard D’Mitrik Trice.
Good luck brotha on your future! Nothing but love and respect for the decisions you make as man! You know who will always have your back. All love bro ✊ https://t.co/7hwu17EcbT— D'Mitrik Trice (@DMitrikTrice0) January 30, 2020
- Starting center Nate Reuvers.
I support Kobe and his decision. Respect my brother and his integrity through this process. It’s bigger than ball ❤️ https://t.co/hnMu0ZJHJd— Nathan Reuvers (@Reuvers35) January 30, 2020
- Backup point guard Trevor Anderson.
A dude I’ll call 20 years from now just to catch up. Will always look eachother in the eye. My brother for life ❤️❤️❤️ https://t.co/WdmmAKWBLE— Trevor Anderson (@TreMamBa15) January 30, 2020