Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- The Rose Bowl sucked, for the fourth time in the past ten years, and we won’t talk about it anymore in this post! Hooray!
- Wisconsin men’s basketball had a pretty good decade, all things considered.
Some contenders based solely on tourney performance: pic.twitter.com/FTjDfEVV72— Bart T rvik (@totally_t_bomb) December 31, 2019
- Hopefully women’s basketball has a good next decade. They keep recruiting players like Halle Douglass they should definitely improve.
On Wisconsin! pic.twitter.com/PYsGJ4DsSP— Billy Douglass (@BillDouglass3) December 31, 2019
- Will #MertzMania overtake Madison this offseason?
Crazy to think this is reality. Thank you @AABonNBC for the opportunity! Dreams come true if you go all in! #StayDangerous https://t.co/azaa4PdDGo— Graham Mertz (@GrahamMertz5) January 1, 2020
- Future Badger Devyn Robinson had an outstanding performance at the Under Armour All-America game.
Congrats @Devyn_Robinson_ on your MVP award at the #UAAllAmerica game tonight! @BadgerVB pic.twitter.com/GYSzSjt3no— Kelly Sheffield (@KellyPSheffield) January 1, 2020
Big shout out to @Devyn_Robinson_ for winning Team Savage MVP! She had six kills and hit a blistering .667! #UAALLAMERICA— AVCA (@AVCAVolleyball) January 1, 2020
She’ll be playing for @BadgerVB! pic.twitter.com/WKEDFKmZxk
- Brad Davison is quietly having a nice little run of play for the Badgers.
Pretty productive 21 minutes for #Badgers junior guard Brad Davison last night: 11 points, six rebounds, 4 assists. He's also gone six consecutive games without committing a turnover.— Jim Polzin (@JimPolzinWSJ) January 1, 2020
- Joe Thomas is one of the best left tackles of all-time.
Nobody protected their QB(s) better than Joe Thomas pic.twitter.com/OsCpiepF6m— PFF (@PFF) January 1, 2020
- At least Wisconsin beat Oregon in something.
Most College Football wins of the last decade in honor of 2020:— CFB Home (@CFBHome) January 1, 2020
1 Alabama: 123 wins
2 Ohio State: 117 wins
2 Clemson: 117 wins
4 Oklahoma: 109 wins
5 Boise State: 107 wins
6 LSU: 102 wins
6 Wisconsin: 102 wins
8 Oregon: 100 wins
9 Georgia: 99 wins
10 Stanford: 98 wins
- A win is a win, I suppose. Even when it comes in an exhibition game that the Badgers were losing.
Starting out the new year right #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/BY3gazPeO0— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerMHockey) January 1, 2020
- Seth Gross had a dominant week on the mat and is being rewarded for it.
Seth Gross takes over the #1 Ranking at 133 after winning the Midlands Championship and securing the Outstanding Wrestler Award.@BadgerWrestling @WisconsinWrest1 @InterMat pic.twitter.com/nnAMvalAXp— WIsconsin Wrestling (@WI_Wrestling) January 1, 2020
- ::softly crying:: Yeah, I guess this is true.
Wisconsin may have lost the Rose Bowl but will always have the one that really matters: Rose Lavelle— Men in Blazers (@MenInBlazers) January 2, 2020
- Phil Parker’s 2019 Iowa defense was good. Was it his best ever?
- PSU WR KJ Hamler has declared for the NFL Draft.
- The second worst moment of Nebraska’s decade will make you happy.
- Northwestern WR Bennett Skowronek is transferring to Notre Dame, who the Badgers play at Lambeau Field next year.
- Why did Ohio State lose to Clemson? These plays, probably.
- 2020 Washington, D.C. 4-star PF commits to Michigan.
- MSU CB Josiah Scott has declared for the NFL Draft.
- 2020 is a big year for Illinois.