Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- After what seems like months off, the men’s hockey team is back in action this weekend at the Kohl Center. The first game of the series will be televised nationally on ESPNU for all of you out market hockey fans.
SOOOOO happy to be back!— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerMHockey) January 10, 2020
See you at the Kohl Center this weekend pic.twitter.com/UrdP1sWSvd
- The Badgers are going to have to play some pretty flawless hockey if they want to make the NCAA Tournament, which seemed like a very baseline goal at the beginning of the season.
By going 7-10-1 in the first half, the #Badgers have made it so even going 12-4 to finish the regular season may only put them on the bubble. https://t.co/1T6Tlk2xuB— Todd Milewski (@ToddMilewski) January 9, 2020
- This guy has spent much of the past few days getting roasted online for saying that Jonathan Taylor isn’t fast which is obscuring a potentially interesting point about college workload.
Running backs from #Wisconsin drafted in the NFL:— Dan Shea (@DanSheaNFL) January 8, 2020
Monte Ball (924 college carries)
James White (643 carries)
Melvin Gordon (631 carries)
Taylor's 926 carries combined with his lack of speed and the fact the Badgers have 5 future NFL OL is why I think Taylor will be a HUGE bust https://t.co/lagFo1PcMu
- I wish Taylor was going out with a Rose Bowl victory but it is nice to look back on all of his other accomplishments.
Blessed to be a Badger ⚪️ https://t.co/dJAnPn0bTJ— Jonathan Taylor (@JayT23) January 9, 2020
- BTN has been doing an excellent job of focusing on the non-revenue sports this year and giving them some national exposure. Here is a story on Seth Gross and how he ended up at Wisconsin.
Iowa City ➡️ Madison— Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) January 10, 2020
Follow Seth Gross' (@GodsWrestler133) journey through the many trials and tribulations of his wrestling career which ultimately led to reuniting with @ChrisBono and @BadgerWrestling.
This is Seth's story: On the Mat.
B1G Wrestling | @FloWrestling pic.twitter.com/KP88O2bkxY
- Speaking of BTN and the wrestling team! The Badgers are on TV tonight taking on the Gophers in Minneapolis. Also, uh, Brock freaking Lesnar will be in attendance as an “honorary coach.” Somewhere Jake’s head is exploding.
You’re missing out if you’re not at Maturi Pavilion tonight for a once-in-a-lifetime event!— Minnesota Wrestling (@GopherWrestling) January 10, 2020
: https://t.co/mb4367bUWF pic.twitter.com/2P9lVgDjnA
- The Badgers are way up north to take on Bemidji State this weekend. I’ve only ever been to Bemidji in the summer time, but I hope the team is able to go see the world’s largest Paul Bunyan statue there.
Watch to watch the #Badgers this weekend?— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerWHockey) January 10, 2020
Catch the games live on FloHockey!
Here is our profile on Badgers star Daryl Watts to get you prepared for the games.
- Winning on the road in the B1G is tough.
Final in Lincoln. #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/ZtvaOJ0iru— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerWBB) January 10, 2020
- This new confident and aggressive Kobe King is exactly what Wisconsin fans wanted to see out of him this year.
Tough one tonight, but standout performance from Kobe King pic.twitter.com/Ruwm7YqX6u— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) January 9, 2020
- The top-four moments of Iowa’s football season.
- Ohio State and Penn State made Bruce Feldman’s “way too early” top-10. Marquee non-conference opponent for Wisconsin, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, made the cut at No. 10.
- Here’s a recap of the Badgers loss in women’s hoops to the Huskers.
- Purdue got a grad transfer OT from Colorado State.
- How can Ohio State’s basketball team get back on the right track?
- The Gophers lost some talent on both sides of the ball. Who will step up in 2020 for Minnesota?
- Indiana basketball is in the end times.
- How did Illinois finally win a game in Madison?
January 9, 2020
- Rutgers basketball is back, baby and it’s time to get on board this runaway train.
- Michigan RB Tru Wilson is leaving the program.
B1G basketball scoreboard from the past few nights (losses in bold because we are here to laugh at misfortune):
Northwestern 62 - Indiana 66
Purdue 78 - No. 19 Michigan 84 (2OT)
Minnesota 58 - No. 8 Michigan State 74