Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- The women’s soccer team tied Loyola (Chi.) 1-1 on Thursday night on this crafty little training ground goal.
Here’s a at Murtha’s goal against the Ramblers! pic.twitter.com/kssaWBunYi— Wisconsin Soccer (@BadgerWSoccer) September 6, 2019
- B5Q alum, Curt Hogg, tried out for the Badgers men’s basketball team a few years ago. He did not make the team. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE AVENGE OUR TALL, ADULT SON AND TRY OUT THIS YEAR?!?!
- Woof, the volleyball team had an exciting and excruciating match on Thursday night. I can’t even type about it anymore. Rock was there. He’ll have an update next week. Much like the Tennessee football Twitter account, it appears the Wisconsin volleyball account has gone MIA after a tough loss.
I could’ve sworn I saw a “final score” tweet from them, but perhaps I was mistaken.
- I hope that Paul Chryst’s favorite TV show is still Miami Vice.
Long before Paul Chryst took over the @BadgerFootball program, he shared a handshake with his dad, George. Both were Wisconsin players who became coaches at their alma mater. Both also filled out very different student-athlete questionnaires. pic.twitter.com/SduzQir44L— BadgersHistory (@BadgersHistory) September 5, 2019
- Here is a handy graphic with all of the Badgers in the NFL in one place. Kevin will have a weekly update on how they’re all doing. Thank God none of them played in that putrid Bears/Packers game last night. Go Pack, though! 1-0!!!
- THE BAND IS GOING TO PLAY NEW MUSIC AT HALFTIME! OH MY GOD I AM SO EXCITED! This may get me to buy season tickets again.
- These weekly preview videos have been really, really good.
- The best in the business are back on the ice.
- Central Michigan out here chirping after beating an FCS school in Week 1!
Central Michigan coach Jim McElwain on playing No. 17 Wisconsin:— Evan Petzold (@EvanPetzold) September 5, 2019
"Look, they have no idea what's about to come. I feel really good about these guys and the preparation."
NCAA 14, however, likes CMU’s chances QUITE A BIT!
Big write up on the punter? Are we sure CMU isn’t in the B1G?
Tyler went over to Hustle Belt and talked about the Badgers.
- Penn State vs. Wisconsin hockey is going to be appointment viewing this year. Here is a look at the returning Nittany Lions on the men’s team.
- Colorado has new cups for their game against Nebraska. They are “chuckable.” Hmm, I’m sure nothing will go wrong.
- Fifth year senior QB, TJ Green is out for the year with a torn ACL. Hopefully he can apply for a waiver for sixth year of eligibility since he, very clearly, hasn’t played a full year.
- As someone who has worked in kitchens before, I don’t think a wildcat should be allowed in them. One man’s opinion.
Willie the Wildcat is here at Spiaggia for the Ryan Field new food tasting pic.twitter.com/oNRazFRxTk— Inside NU (@insidenu) September 5, 2019
- Michigan plays Army this weekend. Here is a beginner’s guide to the triple option, undoubtedly the best offense every invented.
- Minnesota-Fresno State preview. This has the potential to be a really good game.
- Dynamic returner and WR Jalen Nailor is out for the year with a broken foot. MSU has had some bad luck with injuries the last two years.