Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- These have been amazing all year.
- Jonathan Taylor was on Jim Rome’s show the other day and is honored to be mentioned as a Heisman Trophy candidate. He has yet to comment on being nominated for the B5Q Best RB of All-Time Award.
- Oh sure, he’ll respond to the Brewers for making the playoffs. Whatever, Jonathan Taylor...whatever.
- Speaking of the Brewers, Jacob Faria is invited to the next tailgate I’m at.
- If I’m Northwestern, I’m going for it on every fourth down on Saturday because they’ll rarely be in third and manageable.
Top 3rd Down Defense— Pick Six Previews (@PickSixPreviews) September 26, 2019
• Opponent Conversion %
16% Kansas State
23% Ohio State
24% Miss State
25% Boise State
27% Texas A&M
27% Wake Forest
- The men’s hockey team will play both the Hockey East preseason favorite and, uh, least favorite (?) to open the season in two weeks.
- It is a good problem to have when there are 14 (!!) different options to try out on the power play unit.
Power play was the focus of the #Badgers practice today, with 14 players getting work on one of the units throughout the session. Dylan Holloway got a look as a fourth forward on PP1 with Cole Caufield, Turcotte and Weissbach and defenseman Kalynuk. A few looks they can use. pic.twitter.com/0ACEFqsovt— Todd Milewski (@ToddMilewski) September 26, 2019
- Hockey starts tonight, baby. March to back-to-back national championships starts tonight, baby. The No. 1 team in the country is back in action tonight, baby. Let’s do this!
- Badgers basketball starts in...40 nights, baby!
- PAC THE MAC TONIGHT!
- The spirit of Wisconsin volleyball. I like these videos as they give a little more insight into the players on the team.
- Corey Clement: born in New Jersey, plays for the Eagles, still loved in Wisconsin.
A homecoming for the @Eagles running back. @CoreyClement_6 shares a moment with college friends from his days at @BadgerFootball. #FlyEaglesFly#PHIvsGB - TONIGHT at 8pm ET on @nflnetwork | @NFLonFOX | @PrimeVideo— NFL (@NFL) September 26, 2019
How to watch: https://t.co/32PKxtJEuC pic.twitter.com/WAQjlu71it
- B1G football meets Katy, Texas football on Saturday.
On Saturday, @WilderCollin— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) September 26, 2019
will have a reunion with two of his best friends, Northwestern's Travis Whillock and Paddy Fisher.
"We've grown up dreaming of these moments, dreaming of playing at this level of football."#OnWisconsin https://t.co/r7UpX7sGus
- The GameDay picker has been, well, picked. Will Union’s husband, and Milwaukee’s* own, Dwyane Wade be there to rep the Marquette football team?
I truly love you guys!! I was always gonna do @CollegeGameDay !!! There was NO WAY I was missing a chance to talk @Huskers w/ @MiamiHEAT fan (we sat in the same section) @DesmondHoward & the guys!! Now which @HuskerFBNation jersey do I rock on the show— Gabrielle Union (@itsgabrielleu) September 26, 2019
- Northwestern has been the only team to consistently bottle up Jonathan Taylor. How will they try and do it again?
- A full breakdown of why/how Northwestern sucks in September.
- Is Minnesota going to run all over Purdue’s defense? It’s a possibility!
- Maryland has...struggled, to put it nicely, against Penn State over the last forever. But their stadium is sold out and ready to rock on Friday night. Can they pull an upset?
- THIS. IS. SEPTEMBER! Jon Rothstein was in Ann Arbor to check out the basketball team.
- Adrian Martinez is looking for redemption against Ohio State.
- The two B1G teams from Indiana travel to Minneapolis to open up B1G volleyball play this weekend.