Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Everyone on the team seems pretty excited about the new jerseys that the Badgers will be wearing on Saturday. Everyone except Tyler Biadasz. “They’re just uniforms. Honestly, whatever,” junior center Biadasz said. “We’re going to be a different color, but we’re still hitting the purple jerseys, I guess.”
Lol, “I, guess.”
Jonathan Taylor does pretty well in red and white. We'll see Saturday how he does in red, white and tan.— Todd Milewski (@ToddMilewski) September 25, 2019
"I'm a big tan guy," he said. "I like tan. You can pull it off if you do it the right way."
More on the alternate uniforms the #Badgers will wear:https://t.co/tWGVXSWMWw
- How would the site manager of a Wisconsin Badgers athletics website get on one of these free gear from the team mailing lists? Asking for a friend.
- Some quick basketball recruiting news. There will be another, longer recruiting post later this morning.
Wisconsin will be in tomorrow for Orchard Lake St. Mary’s backcourt duo Lorne Bowman (2020 commit) and Julian Roper (2021 Offer). Roper has been a clear priority for the Badgers for nearly a year and continues to work hard in hopes of securing a commitment. pic.twitter.com/vq5HESRhoC— Endless Motor Sports (@endless_motor) September 25, 2019
- Dave Heller is keeping tabs on former Badgers still playing college football.
Kare' Lyles (S. Illinois): 29-44, 380 yds, 2 TD, 2 INT; 8-20, TD— Dave Heller (@dave_heller) September 25, 2019
Skyler Meyers (N. Iowa): Has not played
Kyle Penniston Rutgers): Has not played (ankle injury)
I hope Kyle Penniston recovers from his injury soon. I thought that guy was going to be what Jake Ferguson is and maybe he still will be!
- The newly ranked women’s soccer team is the first game in the annual PAC THE MAC night at McClimon Soccer Complex. $1 tickets are too cheap not to buy imo.
- Just sitting here waiting for B5Q’s opportunity to take over the women’s hockey team’s Instagram. CALL US MARK JOHNSON!
- The cross country women are No. 2 in their region while the men?
Still #1 in region ⚪️ https://t.co/uzgczCHUJx— Wisconsin Track & Field (@BadgerTrackXC) September 23, 2019
- I remember watching Drake Anderson’s dad play at Northwestern which, well, makes me ancient on the internet I suppose. Anyways, Anderson the Younger is playing well for the Wildcats.
- Where are we? Inside NU asks the tough existential questions.
- Belz was on the hot seat with Inside NU on Wednesday. We hope he makes a full recovery.
- Kirk Ferentz and Iowa are up for their quarterly review.
- Nebraska has a BIG recruiting weekend coming up with GameDay and Ohio State in town.
- Purdue RB, Richie Worship, who hasn’t played since 2017 due to injuries might be coming back sooner rather than later to help a beleaguered Boilermakers rushing attack.
- Michigan is still harboring hopes that their loss against Wisconsin was a bump in the road and not a harbinger of DOOM!
- Can Michigan State’s offense find consistency?
- Ayo Dosunmu is good and Illinois basketball might be good this year too!