Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- The Badgers will be wearing old-timey jerseys against Northwestern this weekend. Apparently the players are excited. I am excited about watching the Wisconsin defense play against Northwestern’s punchless offense.
: ' . 1— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) September 24, 2019
▪️ 1st in scoring defense - 4.7 ppg
▪️ 1st in total defense - 171.3 ypg
▪️ 1st in rushing defense - 27.0 ypg
▪️ 1st in passing efficiency defense - 75.7#OnWisconsin || #Badgers pic.twitter.com/wVO2pVpI1v
- Coach Dad would prefer no one notice him doing anything ever.
Wisconsin whoops Michigan and the national angle is about...Jim Harbaugh. Trust me, I get it. But at some point, the national media has to start recognizing what a good coach Paul Chryst is and make THAT the story.— Aaron Nagler (@AaronNagler) September 24, 2019
- The women’s soccer team had an awesome weekend and they are being recognized as such. Talisman Dani Rhodes slotted home two goals over the weekend, including an OT PK game-winner against No. 13 Rutgers, and the team moved up to No. 19 in the rankings after being squarely outside them last week.
Way to go Dani! #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/3csY43frPE— Wisconsin Soccer (@BadgerWSoccer) September 24, 2019
- The women’s golf team is shooting well at U-Ridge.
Tess Hackworthy lets us know how she’s feeling after a record-breaking day here at URidge. Exciting stuff!!!!! pic.twitter.com/8BK0LFnIV2— Wisconsin Golf (@BadgerWGolf) September 24, 2019
- The defending champs open the new season on the road this weekend as the No. 1 team in America.
It's that time of year again!— USA Hockey (@usahockey) September 24, 2019
The Badgers hold the top spot in the opening week of the USA Today/@USAHMagazine Women's College Hockey Poll.
Details → https://t.co/9EgFFPLzWm pic.twitter.com/QyLzI92mQU
- Another men’s hockey All Access video. This one focuses on the Student Shootout from last week.
The @Sean_Dhooghe Student Shootout has a nice ring to it.— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerMHockey) September 24, 2019
We went All-Access with him and the looooong line of @creasecreatures -- answer his Badger trivia, win season tickets #themoreyouknow pic.twitter.com/9RjJrOBmCL
- The Badgers are sending their representatives to B1G Media Day down near Chicago and so are we. Matt Belz will be in attendance to ask all the tough questions and get all the free media guides one person can handle.
Mic check 0... 1...— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) September 23, 2019
Proud to have @DMitrikTrice0 and @LilB_Pritz1 representing Wisconsin this year at Big Ten Media Day
Wednesday, Oct. 2
Rosemont, Illinois#OnWisconsin || #B1GMediaDay pic.twitter.com/CIYSccq6a7
- I would like to challenge Madison Duello to a trivia contest about The Office. Madison, if you’re reading this please contact us and we can set this up.
Bears. Beets. Duello?#AskTheBadgers pic.twitter.com/h54mLuqcMT— Wisconsin Volleyball (@BadgerVB) September 25, 2019
- I’d also like to challenge Abby Roque and Drew Scharenbrock to a pizza eating contest. Man, I’m going to have a lot on the docket coming up here.
There was a pizza-eating contest involving student-athletes last night & it did not disappoint. @BadgerWHockey's @abby_roque finished first for the ladies. @BadgerWrestling's Drew Scharenbrock absolutely destroyed an entire pizza to claim 1st place. pic.twitter.com/qsdyeqabCW— Wisconsin On BTN (@WisconsinOnBTN) September 24, 2019
- FiveThirtyEight posits the question: can Wisconsin make the CFP as currently constructed?
- How are Northwestern’s slow starts affecting the team?
- Which three areas does Northwestern need to win if they’re going to upset the Badgers in Madison?
- Ricky Stanzi and the 2009 Iowa Hawkeyes get the retrospective they deserve.
- A statistical breakdown of Nebraska’s season so far. They have lost SO MANY fumbles already it’s crazy.
- Five questions about Rutgers basketball for the upcoming season.
- Michigan recruits, including a few players that Wisconsin is after, thought that their game against the Badgers was fine.
- Ohio State already has its QB for the 2020 class but they may be looking for one more. LEAVE SOME FOR THE REST OF US, JERKS! Jk, Wisconsin isn’t taking a QB in 2020.
- Three of the five pictures on The Daily Gopher’s front page contain Wisconsin. Obsessed much?
- If you liked Owen’s film breakdown of the Badgers take a peak at The Only Colors film breakdown of their game with Northwestern last week.