Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Just when you thought getting one basketball recruit the same week as the Michigan game was good enough, Greg Gard and co. were like “nah, man, what if we got TWO?!?” The second highly rated Minnesotan basketball player in as many days verbally committed to the Badgers on Wednesday afternoon. Ben Carlson has the potential to be a stud and it is a pretty big deal that he’s going to be a Badger.
On June 1 #Badgers had 1 commitment for 2020 class (PG Lorne Bowman). In 3-month span UW has added Johnny + Jordan Davis of LAX Central, Arrowhead's Carter Gilmore (preferred walk-on), F Chris Hodges for '21 + now Steven Crowl/Ben Carlson for 2020. Damn.— Jeff Potrykus (@jaypo1961) September 18, 2019
- Hmmmm, what do you think this could be? What if it’s a live concert from House of Pain?!?!?!
Keep your eyes peeled . News that will make you Jump Around about one of your favorite athletic facilities is coming tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/D5djI1GPOm— Wisconsin Badgers (@UWBadgers) September 18, 2019
- We, well more like I, sometimes poke fun at Jack Dunn, but he has been playing well so far this year at punt returner.
I also wrote about #Badgers punt returner Jack Dunn today. Dunn's average is up almost 7 yards per return, and when field position matters as much as it will Saturday vs. Michigan, those yards are crucial. https://t.co/syNL2n7PU5— Colten Bartholomew (@CBartWSJ) September 17, 2019
- Who told this guy about the factory underneath Camp Randall?
Wisconsin EDGE/LB Zack Baun is a fun football player, huh? Pretty sure the Badgers have a factory of these dudes that they just keep cloning haha.— Kyle Crabbs (@GrindingTheTape) September 18, 2019
- Jealousy is a stinky cologne, Austin.
Nobody about to make your ugly self they lock screen! Lol https://t.co/lKKRlXCe8F— Austin Traylor (@GroovyBabyAT) September 18, 2019
- Ok, this is pretty impressive.
Proud of what we've built. #OnWisconsin || #Badgers pic.twitter.com/iZBEq2mYCf— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) September 18, 2019
- Hold up. Are there hawks at Camp Randall Stadium now? Is that even a hawk? How long has this been happening? What are they there for? Can they peck Jim Harbaugh’s eyes out?
Favorite meeting attendee today! pic.twitter.com/Tp4C2cloNa— Asst. Chief Sasso (@ACSassoUWPD) September 18, 2019
- The men’s hockey team had a student shootout to try and win season tickets on Wednesday night.
He doesn’t play hockey but he is from Minnesota so ♀️ pic.twitter.com/1CMeqnIFms— Amy Gill (@amygillsports) September 18, 2019
- It’s pretty obvious which is the “real UW” but allow the volleyball team to make it perfectly clear.
It's the battle of the W's tomorrow, but the members of the Wisconsin Volleyball team who are from Wisconsin are here to tell you why @UWMadison is the best UW— Wisconsin Volleyball (@BadgerVB) September 18, 2019
x @WisconsinOnBTN pic.twitter.com/hV4UQdPNLb
- Some Michigan links and facts.
Paul Chryst and Jim Harbaugh both entered the B1G in 2015.— Dustin Schutte (@SchutteCFB) September 17, 2019
Wisconsin under Chryst:
44-12 (27-8 B1G)
2 B1G West titles
4-0 in bowl games
7-8 vs. Top 25
Michigan under Harbaugh
40-14 (26-9 B1G)
0 B1G East titles
1-3 in bowl games
8-10 vs. Top 25
Harbaugh owns head to head 2-1.
- “We’re not going to apologize for being 2-0,” Patterson said. “Simple as that.” Well...it wasn’t THAT simple.
- Can Michigan football slow down red-hot Wisconsin offense? What an article title! RED HOT WISCONSIN OFFENSE!!!!!!!!
- Maize n Brew’s thoughts on Wisconsin so far this year.
- It is nice when people use college football for nice things. Like these Iowa and Iowa State fans!
- Purdue WR Jackson Anthrop is going to be taking some snaps in the backfield.
- No. 21 Purdue volleyball with a big win over No. 16 Kentucky on Wednesday night.
For the upset! pic.twitter.com/vB0LEYw79J— Purdue Volleyball (@PurdueVB) September 19, 2019
- New No. 1 Nebraska won’t be tops in the nation for very long. I mean, Stanford is ranked No. 2 so there’s no shame in losing to them...but still, a short-lived reign for the Huskers.
Final from Lincoln‼️— Stanford Women's Volleyball (@StanfordWVB) September 19, 2019
Card knocks off No. 1 Nebraska, 25-21, 22-25, 25-17, 25-16.#GoStanford pic.twitter.com/HzMIvgjxfM
- I always forget that Northwestern is on the quarter system or something dumb and their students are just getting back to school.
- LOL former Michigan WR Braylon Edwards says Wolverines are “lightyears” behind Ohio State.
- Rutgers and Boston College have some BIG EAST BEEF to settle this weekend.
- Maryland got a verbal commitment from an in-state 3-star DT.